“This is not Thai food it is very bad Chinese.”
Review of My Thai

My Thai
Ranked #55 of 520 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Due to the mixed reviews I thought I'd give this a try. No curry on the menu, so I ordered the Chinese cabbage with tofu,and a spring roll. The spring roll was a greasy dark thing with some kind of neon pink sauce on the side. I think my girls had shoes that color when they were 6. The cabbage and tofu was just gross. Slimy, flavorless goop over rice. Yuk.

1  Thank tfoster332

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Try and eat there every couple of weeks. Great food. The chicken panang is spicy but addicting. Pad Ci U is always spot on!!

1  Thank SRushing79106
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The review dated 1/6/13 is funny. He complains this is not Thai food and then complains about Won-ton soup; which is Chinese. Again we shared a $7.25 meal and ended with a full scoop left over. The help was attentive and the food came quickly. It was delicious. Full of chicken, 5 large shrimp and crisp veggies. The menu listed on Tripadvisor is not for this restaurant, but the website is correct and has the correct menu. I cannot verify that the King of Siam will praise the Thai cooking, but the flavor and the condiments (especially the hot sauces) make this 60YO American crave coming back every time I pass through Amarillo. I only wish I could find this combination of flavor and price in southern New Mexico or far west Texas .

1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 6 January 2013

No matter what the sign says outside, it is not Thai food and doesn't even come close. I was so disappointed! Traveling through Amarillo on business 01/06/13, I pulled into this restaurant parking lot because it appeared full. However, the meal was a disappointment and the Won Ton Soup was the worst I've had ... almost anywhere! Keep going...!! You can easily find something much better.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

I could not find My Thai on tripadvisor because it was listed as a 3$. The only way to get over $20 is to take 4 people. Every entree is under $9. The portions are so big we always split them (at no extra cost) and both leave full (I am over 300lbs.) They also provide a tray of sauces so I can make mine as hot as I like. This place does enormous take out business(it is near the medical center) and the lunch specials sound great(I am never going through here at lunch time so I can't testify). If you like fresh, good, prepared to order Chinese/Thai food go to My Thai in Amarillo.

1  Thank Kevin B