“A Yummy Habit”

My Thai
Ranked #57 of 518 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I am addicted to the lemon chicken, which I get with the lemon glaze on the side. The tempura batter is light and non-greasy. Very generous portions pretty much guarantees leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. A large mound of fried rice accompanies most orders. Service is fair to good, atmosphere is typical Asian with fans and carvings on the wall. We go there for the great food. This restaurant does a huge takeout business.

1  Thank bvz3

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Due to the mixed reviews I thought I'd give this a try. No curry on the menu, so I ordered the Chinese cabbage with tofu,and a spring roll. The spring roll was a greasy dark thing with some kind of neon pink sauce on the side. I think my girls had shoes that color when they were 6. The cabbage and tofu was just gross. Slimy, flavorless goop over rice. Yuk.

1  Thank tfoster332
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Try and eat there every couple of weeks. Great food. The chicken panang is spicy but addicting. Pad Ci U is always spot on!!

1  Thank SRushing79106
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The review dated 1/6/13 is funny. He complains this is not Thai food and then complains about Won-ton soup; which is Chinese. Again we shared a $7.25 meal and ended with a full scoop left over. The help was attentive and the food came quickly. It was delicious. Full of chicken, 5 large shrimp and crisp veggies. The menu listed on Tripadvisor is not for this restaurant, but the website is correct and has the correct menu. I cannot verify that the King of Siam will praise the Thai cooking, but the flavor and the condiments (especially the hot sauces) make this 60YO American crave coming back every time I pass through Amarillo. I only wish I could find this combination of flavor and price in southern New Mexico or far west Texas .

1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 6 January 2013

No matter what the sign says outside, it is not Thai food and doesn't even come close. I was so disappointed! Traveling through Amarillo on business 01/06/13, I pulled into this restaurant parking lot because it appeared full. However, the meal was a disappointment and the Won Ton Soup was the worst I've had ... almost anywhere! Keep going...!! You can easily find something much better.