“Tasty Thai in Amarillo”

Cuisines: Thai
San Ramon, California
“Tasty Thai in Amarillo”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I live in California, so my opinion of Thai food is influenced by the fact that there are tons of authentic Thai restaurants around me. I must admit I was skeptical at first when I went here. I ordered the Pad Kee Mao, my usual fare. I was pleasantly surprised. The menu has some Americanized items on it and things that are more Chinese than Thai, but it seemed to me that the actual Thai food on the menu was pretty darn good. I guess there's something for everyone here then!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Courtney K

Hereford, TX
“A Yummy Habit”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I am addicted to the lemon chicken, which I get with the lemon glaze on the side. The tempura batter is light and non-greasy. Very generous portions pretty much guarantees leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. A large mound of fried rice accompanies most orders. Service is fair to good, atmosphere is typical Asian with fans and carvings on the wall. We go there for the great food. This restaurant does a huge takeout business.

1 Thank bvz3
Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is not Thai food it is very bad Chinese.”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Due to the mixed reviews I thought I'd give this a try. No curry on the menu, so I ordered the Chinese cabbage with tofu,and a spring roll. The spring roll was a greasy dark thing with some kind of neon pink sauce on the side. I think my girls had shoes that color when they were 6. The cabbage and tofu was just gross. Slimy, flavorless goop over rice. Yuk.

1 Thank tfoster332
Amarillo, Texas
“An Amarillo staple”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Try and eat there every couple of weeks. Great food. The chicken panang is spicy but addicting. Pad Ci U is always spot on!!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank SRushing79106
Las Cruces, NM
“I have never been to Thailand, but this is great food!”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The review dated 1/6/13 is funny. He complains this is not Thai food and then complains about Won-ton soup; which is Chinese. Again we shared a $7.25 meal and ended with a full scoop left over. The help was attentive and the food came quickly. It was delicious. Full of chicken, 5 large shrimp and crisp veggies. The menu listed on Tripadvisor is not for this restaurant, but the website is correct and has the correct menu. I cannot verify that the King of Siam will praise the Thai cooking, but the flavor and the condiments (especially the hot sauces) make this 60YO American crave coming back every time I pass through Amarillo. I only wish I could find this combination of flavor and price in southern New Mexico or far west Texas .

1 Thank Kevin B