“bad food, no taste”

Crazy Larry's Pit BarBQ
Ranked #59 of 511 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: This retsaurant comes up on the GPS as Doug Henks Pit BBQ but when you get there the sign says Crazy Larry's Pit BBQ...it also says "different name, same owners". There was another Doug Henks Pit BBQ coming up on the GPS but it was at a different address. Pls check out this Crazy Larrys and let me know so I can wirte a review for Trip Advisor. Thank-you!
Amarillo, Texas
“bad food, no taste”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

tonight we decided to try Crazy Larry's BBQ. Wish we had gone to Dyer's instead, or anywhere else for that matter. First of all my order was wrong. Asked for sliced beef and got what looked like ground brisket. I assume it was listed as chopped beef on the menu. Asked for peach cobbler and got apple "cobbler" instead. Actually, I'm not sure I've ever seen cobbler like this. It was more like tasteless cake with apples on the bottom. Very disappointed and we spent about $50. The only thing that I can say was mediocre was the turkey. Don't waste your money.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank shannon r

Pennsylvania
“Go for the Frito pie”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had never had Frito pie before visiting Crazy Larry's. (In fact, I don't think I had ever heard of Frito pie before.) But it is amazing here. Even if you are hungry, the half order will be more than enough for one person. The way the cheese melts in with the meat and the sauce... just delicious. The only other thing I've tried here is the bbq turkey. Before visiting here, I would never think of getting turkey at a bbq place, but here it was moist, sweet, and tasty. I visit this place every time I pass through Amarillo.

• Visited March 2014
Amarillo, Texas
“Best Frito Pie!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

My husband & I ordered a full moose. It was awesome!! The brisket & sauce with the Fritos & cheese was so good. The young guys working in there were so polite! I like that the food is prepared right before your eyes. Only change that I would make is to order the half moose. The two of us didn't make a dent in the full moose! Great barbecue joint!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Im from houston,Tx! This is not real barbecue!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

If your in the mood for no smoke in yhe meat barbecue this is the place for you! The meat has not even a lick of smoke in it! Tastes like they baked in an oven or a crock pot! In houston we smoke our meats for hours and hours! Stay clear away! The only decent barbecue in this city os famous daves!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank NightRida
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Great Frito Pie!”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Got out of my rib comfort zone and had Larry's Frito Pie. Really good, but only had a 1/4 serving. Choices are 1/4,1/2 and full. I couldn't finish the 1/4". Will reproduce it in my kitchen, but with "Gates" instead of the sweeter sauce.

This joint is worth the time. Larry is a good guy who does awesome BBQ.

• Visited July 2012