“I will stay here EVERY visit!”

Courtyard Amarillo Downtown
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Tulsa, OK
“I will stay here EVERY visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

I stayed here incidentally last week, and returned this week. The interior is brand new yet the lobby still has character.
The STAFF was AWESOME! My family and I watched an NBA game in the lobby and had our meal and drinks from the bistro/ bar. The guy at the front desk, along with the people in the bistro went above and beyond to make our stay fabulous.
I had hurt my knee, and when my husband asked the young man at the front desk for a bag, so we could get ice... He brought me an ice bag. Little things like that kept adding up.
I just can't say enough good about this place!
Thank you!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank OklahomaAmy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

Chose this hotel after reading some good reviews on this site, and maaan it completely lived up to what was written about it. Very imposing building-gorgeous actually. Marriott did an outstanding renovation job.

The rooms are enormous with 3 large windows overlooking the city. We loved the contrast of sunny and bright in the daytime, with the twinkling evening lights of the town.

The 42" flat screen TV had all the channels, great free internet service, roomy bath with lots of counterspace and good clean white towels. The entire property is spotless, including the rooms. We had a 2 queen bed room and the beds were incredibly comfortable. Unfortunately, they do have those 1-cup-at-a-time coffeemakers. That's a trend I would like to see go away.

Right across the street is a fabulous Mexican restaurant called Acupulco. The Pechuga Rellena is one of the best dishes I've ever eaten.

Would like to explore more of Amarillo and will most definitely go back and stay at this property.

My husband and I do a lot of cross country driving and we would say this is one of the best hotels on the road we've ever stayed in. And I think that at $104 per night plus tax, it's a bargain for the experience.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank julanepel77
New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed it very much. The room was spacious, comfortable and well appointed. The extra large tv was a nice touch with actual HD channels.
I enjoyed the breakfast one morning and even though I had to pay for it, I didn't mind because it was fresh and cooked to order. Frankly, I'm tired of the chain hotel free "breakfast" of processed egg discs and packaged muffins.
This is a nice hotel with free covered parking. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank Armymed
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

Was a little leery of a downtown conversion for a Courtyard, but they've done a great job with it. Our room was large, well laid out, and very nicely done. The food service (deli-type meals, including breakfast, and a small bar) seems to be a nice touch, although we got in late and left the next morning without eating breakfast, so didn't actually try it out. Staff was very helpful in the evening when we arrived, a little disorganized in the morning, but we didn't have any significant trouble getting checked out. Room was very quiet, and we were there with a spring break crowd--just heard very little noise from the corridor, and none from adjoining rooms. Beautiful old building, easy access in and out, rooms equivalent to a more upscale brand--would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wildcatdad_11
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

This new hotel in a rehabilitated 1927 building is just too cool! Marriott should be proud to have its marquee on top of the stunning Historic Fisk Building in downtown Amarillo. The rooms were great and the staff super friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and again…

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank flufftn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2011

This hotel was a great find. We stayed one night and I would have loved to stay longer.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank mjtriptips
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

We went to celebrate a special holiday. Had a wonderful time. The staff was great helping my husband make it a wonderful weekend. Very chic for Amarillo.

• Stayed February 2011