“Best Restaurant in Amarillo”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #5 of 510 Restaurants in Amarillo
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best Restaurant in Amarillo”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've eaten at a couple of other Saltgrass restaurants in other cities, but this particular one has been the best so far. It has a large dining area and a bar. Parking is free.

I like the fact that there's a two-page gluten-free menu. I had the baby back ribs, which were very good. The salad was fresh, but unremarkable. My husband had the shrimp and chicken en brochette appetizer and the fried shrimp with scampi rice, all of which were very good. The service was good and friendly. We would eat here again if we ever happened to return to Amarillo.

• Visited October 2013

Lubbock, Texas
“Ummm Ok?”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have eaten here twice. I was honestly not impressed with the promptness of the service. I had a mediocre steak both times and was puzzling over a choice of sides. The waitress bragged on a cheese/potato dish so tried it. I guess everything is all about personal taste but I was less than impressed. There was no strike 3. I have not been back.

Visited May 2013
Wixom, Michigan
“Our meal was GREAT!!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we ate at a Saltgrass restaurant. We enjoyed our first time so we tried this location. We were not disappointed. The salads were served quickly and were very crisp and cold.
We both enjoyed our steaks and both of them were cooked to perfection.
I would come back again.

Visited October 2013
Amarillo, Texas
“Our first time”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a nice place to eat. The steaks were seasoned and perfectly cooked. We had a dessert piece of cake and it was big enough for 4 people.

Visited October 2013
Glenview, Illinois
“Very Good, Reasonable Price”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Since joining Landry's frequent diners club in June, we have been dining at their various restaurants when traveling. Sawgrass was conveniently located in Amarillo and was a terrific dinner for the price. Service was exceptional. I especially enjoyed their house balsamic dressing.

• Visited October 2013