“What a delight!”

Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Mesa, Arizona
“What a delight!”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

After 10 hours on the road this was the perfect place to relax. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Upon entering our room, we found at goody bag with snacks and a bottle of water, which came in handy for the remaining 10 hours of our road trip. Our room was clean and we loved the tagged pillows (soft / firm). The next morning we had a nice breakfast (ask for the pancakes) before hitting the road. A little slice of heaven in West Texas!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Daphren - I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The "soft" and "firm" pillows are definitely a nice touch that Holiday Inn has put in place for our guests. I am very happy that you had a wonderful breakfast and our staff treated you well. Thank you for the great review and I hope to see you back in Amarillo real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
United States
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Great beds, frig & micro's, nice toiletries, free bkst that is 2 steps up from usual free breakfast and a great decor/vibe.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Trevman - I am so glad you enjoyed our breakfast. We take great care in the overall quality of our food and offerings. Thank you for such a great review!! I appreciate the kind words of your stay while in Amarillo. Please come back soon!! We will be waiting for you.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

I can't remember the last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn but after staying at this one I will definitely stay again! The hotel is obviously newer & feels way more high end then I expected of a Holiday Inn. The customer service really blew me away. We were traveling with an infant & every staff member we encountered was going out of there way to accommodate us. The girl at the front desk (I wish I knew her name!) when we checked in was as friendly as good be & just gave you a great first impression. And like other reviewrs have said, Rudy is the best!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Katie J
Katie J - Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am very excited about your experience at our hotel. I am even more pleased that our staff took such great care for your stay. Rudy is definitely a charmer and I hope to see you back at our hotel again real soon.
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Loved it! Pool was fun with the fountains. Resaraunt was very good and the breakfast was a HOT buffet: eggs bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, cinnamon rolls and much more. Will be stating there again on our way to Colorado.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Ivbeenevrywhere
Ivbeenevrywhere - Thank you so much for staying at our hotel We really appreciate your review. The fountains in the pool are definitely a big hit with the kids!! I just recently saw a child crying when his mom told him they were checking out of the hotel and having to go home. He WANTED to go back swimming. I am really glad that you enjoyed breakfast. We work hard to have a great breakfast option that is better than other hotel options. Thank you again for staying with us. I hope to see you again soon.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Awesome hotel! Had a quick, last minute flight to Dallas, Friday morning with a turn around drive back to Colorado. Made it to Amarillo around 10pm and the staff at the front desk was very helpful. The young gentleman was very attentive and was able to direct my husband and myself to a few places in town. Great night's sleep. Very clean rooms. Bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast included next morning was not typical as in other hotels. Staff, again very friendly and attentive. Food choices and freshness above and beyond expected. Well worth the stay. Thanks so much for the hard work!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
OntheGoex2 - I am really glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. We go out of our way to make sure that all is fresh, hot and tasty. Thank you so much for the great review. It really makes a difference when our guests have great stays at our hotel. Please come back soon!! I am glad you gave us the opportunity to serve you while in Amarillo.
Wilmington
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stopped here for the night after a long day of traveling. Found this based on other TripAdvisor reviews. It's a beautiful hotel, near a movie theater and restaurants. A little over the top on Texas decor - little state Texas images serve as the border of the carpet. I did like the big, lighted Texas map with the water running over it. Rooms were beautiful. Beds comfy. Staff incredibly friendly and helpful. Seemed to run about normal in pricing - especially with the AAA discount.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank mjrtigger
San Diego
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Had to visit Amarillo at the last minute. This was a good alternative to the Courtyard Downtown, but no view; however a higher level of service was provided. Great breakfast included in the rate. OK gym with treadmill, and elliptical. Bed and pillows were great, but no feather pillows. Rooms are cookie cutter modern rectangular shaped hotel rooms (very clean). Hotel was well lit and staff was gracious and friendly. This is not a place to go for a vacation; but if you need a cheerful, friendly, safe place to be for a few nights then this is a good choice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Feferman - WOW!! 87 Reviews. We really appreciate such a strong review from someone that travels as much as you. I am glad our staff was friendly and we are glad you chose our hotel to come stay. Though we do not have feather pillows in the guest rooms, we do have them available upon request. So, please let us know if we can help!! My cell phone is on my business card at the front desk. You may call me anytime with any special requests. Thank you again for such a great review!!