“Wow!!!!!”

Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
St. Louis
“Wow!!!!!”
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

When my brother found out I'd be going to Amarillo for a day he insisted I stay at this hotel even if it was out of my way. Claimed it to be the best holiday inn in the country. Boy was I glad I did!!! Modern rooms. Clean beyond belief. Breakfast was nice. The bar in the evening was very popular and had a great feel. Bowl of guacamole with a nice cold beer was an amazing way to end a long stressful day. Gym was nice and clean. Only advice is to ore warm the sauna. The girl that checked me in was super nice and had no problem giving me a late check out. I'd have to agree with my brother. Top holiday inn that I've ever been to.

• Stayed September 2012
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
exhospnowcnst - WOW!! I need to thank your brother! I am super glad he recommended our hotel to you and your family. We work hard day in and day out to earn your business. I am really proud that we served you well and you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for the great review!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a bit tough to find, so trust your GPS. When we arrived, the desk clerk greeted us warmly and checked us in quickly. Our room was perfect, spotlessly clean, and there was even a personal welcome letter from the manager as well as a goodie bag. The pillows were thoughtfully marked as "soft" and "firm." All staff were polite and welcoming, and the restaurant staffers were outstanding (we had dinner and breakfast at the on-site restaurant). We wish we could stay more than one night, but are already planning a return visit.

One nice touch is an electronic display for "do not disturb" and "housekeeping requested," a great improvement over flimsy plastic signs.

This was the best hotel experience of our trip so far.

• Stayed September 2012
WagonFan - Thank you so much for the GREAT review!! I am so glad that your arrival was spectacular. I really like the electronic DND and maid service as well. The paper DND's always seem to fall out of your door at most hotels. We really look forward to your return trip and will be waiting for you. Thank you again!!
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This has been the best Hotel experience we have EVER had! Way to go! We enjoyed everything! Check-in, Cleanness, the bed, room service, and breakfast! Love the modern feel! The staff was very nice! The resturant is great too! There really is not one thing wrong here!!! We loved it and will be back! Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
ape_bug4 - What an awesome review!!! Thank you so much for being our guest and giving us the opportunity to serve you. I am so glad that you will be back and we will be here waiting for your return trip. Thank you again!!
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel and our room. We stayed in the King rooms on level 4 and found the room clean, spacious and comfortable. The hotel has a "pillow menu" which I found brilliant as tend to be fussy with pillows.
I was definitely impressed when. Unlocked the door and looked in and I would definitely stay here again. My only minor complaints were that housekeeping start banging on your door at about 9:45am and as we were sleeping and didn't respond to the knocking they barged into our room and quickly left when they realized we were still in the room.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
ashleajade - Thank you so much for the great review!!! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and really enjoyed the room. I will definitely talk with housekeeping and let them know about your concern. There is also an electronic "Do Not Disturb" that may also be utilized to eliminate any disruption prior to check out. Thank you for staying with us and being our guest. We truly appreciate having you!!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 September 2012

My family had a wonderful stay here a couple of weekends ago. We found the Flame Mexican Bistro superb and got the chance to meet a manager by the name of Cody who helped out my daughter to find a friendly lifeguard (and slide!) and took care of me by getting college football up on the big screen. The shuttle to the airport was just perfect and we'll be back next time we visit the west texas side of the family. Thanks!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Shingofett - Thank you for the Awesome review!! We really appreciate you staying with our hotel. Cody is definitely very friendly and I am glad we were able to locate the game. Flame Mexican Bistro is definitely a great place to meet family and friends and the happy hour in the bar is always popular. Take care and we hope to see you again soon!
Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This is one of many hotels we have stayed at in our Route 66 journey and it is one of the best. The staff at the reception, bar, and restaurant were very friendly and efficient. The room was very clean and comfortable. Excellent wifi. Great Happy Hour too! IMAX movie theatre very close by.

Room Tip: The people staying above us were very heavy walkers and "thumped" on the ceiling so I woul...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
DohaLandcruiser - Thank you for the GREAT Review!! I am excited you were able to travel the Historic Route 66. It's a big draw for our area. Thank you for kind words of the hotel and the WIFI. The IMAX theater is amazing...though I am always at work and don't get to see many movies. We hope to see you again soon!!
Plainview, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I decided to stay here because it scored #1 on Tripadvisor. I can say I was not disappointed!! After staying at the hospital for 2 days with my husband who had surgery, I was looking for somewhere nice to relax and sleep. From the moment I walked in, Joel greeted me and made we feel so welcome! I had requested a king room, but do to an internet malfunction, all they had left were dbl queen. No problem at all. Received a complimentary bottle of Dasani water and headed to the elevator. The decor and cleanliness in this hotel is unbelievable!! Upon entering the elevator, I encountered a security feature I had never seen before~ you must use your room key in the elevator before it will go up. What an ingenious idea!! The room (207) is fabulous! The beds are high off the ground and the most comfortable I have slept in at a hotel. Comfortable and clean are always a good thing and this hotel do not disappoint!! There is a microwave and fridge in the room and I love this feature! The one and only disappointment is while the bathroom is lovely, it is a little small. And finally, breakfast. Wonderful hot breakfast~ 2 kinds of scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit bowls and cereals. They scored extra points with me by having real homemade hot sauce for my eggs and fresh brewed iced tea for my caffeine addiction. I actually went back down from my room before they closed for more tea~ it was that good! The staff are super friendly and accommodating. So~ if you are in the Amarillo area and need a super place to stay~ this is your home away from home~~~ Bravo to the owners and staff!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Hagensmom70 - WOW!!! What a review!!! Thank you so much for the kind words. My wife is an avid tea drinker too. One drink and I can tell by her face if it's a great glass of iced tea or not. We actually make the salsa homemade right here in our restaurant. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to have you back!!