“4***** Hotel in Amarillo (by Morning) :) George Strait Song!”

Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Dallas
“4***** Hotel in Amarillo (by Morning) :) George Strait Song!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

My son and I traveled for a sports tournament. From the minute we walked in, there was no doubt we made a great decision. The desk attendant was courteous, kind, helpful and inviting.

The Lobby was beyond great. As you walked through the lobby you walked towards an open bar area with a big screen TV, bar and seats.

The restaurant is a sit down restaurant where breakfast is served. You can walk through their buffet and/or place an order from the kitchen. There is absolutely no charge for breakfast.

The rooms were immaculate, beds very, very, comfortable, (Just wished I had own pillow, though.)

Read the review about hearing through the walls. We could not hear anything or anyone at all. The room was very, very quiet.

Very close to restaurants, shopping and a United Artist Theatre virtually next door of hotel.

Room Tip: Such a comfortable place to stay, extended it one more day for relaxation!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Mineandthree - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. We truly value you as our guest. Thank you to you and your son for staying with our hotel. We work very hard on guest service, breakfast and cleanliness. I am so glad that was your experience while in Amarillo.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here on November 5th and loved the place. We checked in around 10 pm that night and the 2 women at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a suite that was nice and clean, even the bathroom was great, and bathrooms are always a deal breaker for me. The breakfast the next morning was also very good. If we ever happened to be in Amarillo again we would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Sunshine43217 - Are you related to my wife?? Bathrooms are a dealbreaker for her too!!! I am so glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We take great pride in the cleanliness, service and breakfasst at our hotel. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone and I am glad you will select us when coming back through Amarillo.
St. Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is a brand new hotel right next to another Holiday Inn Express (so make sure you are going to the correct one!). It's very new, clean and the rooms are nice. My only complaint is that there are only 2 elevators and no stairs (just escape stairs on the outside of the building that cannot be used to enter the building). We arrived at the same time as a large sports team, and it took 30 minutes to get an elevator. Also they are the type of elevators that you must swipe your room key to use, and you can only go to your own floor. We were there for a wedding where guests were on many floors, so the lack of stairs and the elevators only allowing you to go to our own floor was quite frustrating.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dirtydirtyretro - I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel ! I definitely apologize about the wait on the elevator. I think this is a isolated "uncommon" experience that you faced. Our hotel is definitely built with safety and security in mind, but I also understand that the same safety and security can sometimes be a nuisance. I really appreciate your feedback. Please know that we are here to help however we are needed. I hope to see you again real soon!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

I used to live in Amarillo and our family stays overnight in Amarillo on our way to Colorado. Over the past several decades, we have stayed in many hotels in Amarillo. At last, I have found a hotel that is exactly what I need after a long day of driving. This hotel is excellent. I was surprised at the quality of the facility.

Reception Area: Very nice. The staff were professional and courteous. Easy and fast check in and check out.

Room: Very nice (for a hotel chain). The hotel is slightly off of I-40 so there was no traffic noise to disrupt a good night's sleep.

Bathroom: Is as nice as many 5 Star hotels in which I have stayed.

I specifically asked for a top floor room and my request was granted. We are going to be traveling through Amarillo again in the near future and will again stay in this hotel. From my experience, there really isn't an hotel that is anything close to the quality of this hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone. Don't waste your time trying to compare prices or locations. For the money, it is the best. As for location, it is on the west side of Amarillo however, due to the highway system, most everything in Amarillo is within 10 -- 15 minutes of the hotel.

The only reason I do not give this hotel a 5 is because I do not give family hotel chains that high of a mark (compared to the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs or the Elysian Hotel [now the Waldorf Astoria] in Chicago).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Hutchvol - Thank you so much for the AWESOME Review!! We really appreciate you staying with us. I really appreciate the opportunity given knowing that you stay in VERY high end hotels like the Broadmoor or the Elysian. I have a really good friend that used to be the Sommellier at the Broadmoor. It is definitely a beautiful facility. We look forward to your trip back through Amarillo and can not wait to have you as our guest.
kerrville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed in this hotel last week for one night. We asked for the 4th floor away from any conventions going on (there was a huge one that night), away from the elevator and facing away from the highway. It was even better than we asked for. They gave us a three room suite, complete with a whirlpool tub, which we thoroughly enjoyed! GOOD JOB, staff of this hotel!

Room Tip: Fourth floor, away from elevator, highway noise and all convention noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilela
lilela - That is AWESOME!!! I know which suite you are speaking of!! It is pretty spectacular! I am glad that you were able to enjoy it. Thank you so much for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Everything was A-OK. Just couldn't believe how poorly built - we could hear our neighbors talk. The water in the pipes from the other rooms was unbelievably loud. The wind whipped against our window all night. The desk clerk was great and gave good directions to surrounding restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
GranGo5 - Thank you for the review, but I am not sure if it is for our hotel or not. We continually have reviews that show how "quiet" our rooms are and I have never had a comment about water in pipes. We are surrounded by restaurants and this is why the comment on "desk clerk gave great directions to restaurants" doesn't seem to fit our hotel. I will notify tripadvisor and double check that this may be for another establishment. Thank you!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last week. Very clean and nice. Kitchen is way to slow getting food out and would like to see better bathroom amenities like shampoo, conditioner, and the choice of soap. But over all a very nice hotel. Food from restaurant was excellent except breakfast- that looked a little scarey... Looked very processed/thaw and serve.... Also hotel forgot to give my points for my stay and I'm a gold member.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank L B
L B - Thank you for the great review!! Please contact the front desk at 806-322-4777. They have my cell phone number. Tripadvisor will not allow us to contact you direct. This way, I can check your priority club points and make sure they get awarded. I also apologize about the speed of the kitchen on your order. We have already taken steps to rectify this. Thank you again for the great review!! Hope to see you again soon!