“Poor hotel with rude staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center

Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
London, United Kingdom
“Poor hotel with rude staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We visited this hotel in early August as part of our Route 66 trip across America. We stayed in 8 hotels and all agreed that this was by far the worst. We were very disappointed.

On arrival, we entered the foyer and saw a nice water feature and a front desk. The lady on the front desk was ok but we forgot to ask directions to the Big Texan Steak Ranch. I turned to a lady walking around in the foyer area and asked if she worked there. "No, I just wear this shirt for fun", she replied. Lovely. I would say that we don't speak to people like that in England but fortunately we had the experience of staying in 7 other hotels on this trip and every member of staff we met was polite, courteous and friendly.

As far as our room was concerned, we had a lovely view of the bins from our window. The beds were tiny, as was the room, but the pillow choice was a nice touch, as was the folding of the hand towel in the bathroom in the shape of a shirt and tie - very clever!

Breakfast was ok but sadly soya milk is "not something they offer". Don't have allergies if you ant to stay here then!

All in all, a disappointing stay, especially when compared to the great hotels we stayed in and awesome people we met across the US. We would NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the bins. The alternative will not be scenic anyway though.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
dan_saviola,

I want to start by just saying I am so sorry for what was said to you. I can't imagine who on staff would dare say anything like that to you. As you can see we have many reviews that raved about how great our staff is, this of course is unexceptable and I really want to do what ever I can to make what happen up to you and make sure this type of thing never happens to you or any other guest ever again. I have tried to investigate more on the situation and haven't been able to gather anything, with your help I would like to idenify who this person was, so proper steps are taken. I am not able to contact you per tripadvisor , but if you could contact me at cblair@ramhotels.net I would love to get more details from you and fix what happen. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Cody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Sherman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Participated in a conference at this hotel and it was a wonderful facility. The check in process was great as was check out. Rooms were lovely and easy to maintain a comfortable temperature. The lobby is a wonderful place to enter and feel like you are in for a welcome experience. The breakfast was excellent each morning. The conference rooms were a little cold, but it was also cooler than normal in Amarillo.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Photojoyce
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Walk into the lobby and a wonderful experience is about to take place. The open space is really appealing.. The staff is friendly as soon as you enter door. The bar is where I like to spend my time. This choice is mostly because of Kristi. She has a personality that is friendly and professional. A pet peeve of mine is good service,not only for me ,but for others no matter where I am. I just notice things. As far as I can tell, Kristi excels in providing good service and making sure the business is going smoothly no matter what problems arise.
Flame Bistro is a very good place to get a good dinner and the service is great , and the menu is diverse, which is a good thing. I would recommend people to give you a try..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank urkal
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
urkal,

WOW.. Thank you so much for the great review!! We strive to have the bar be a fun place to hang out and feel Kristi does help us do so. Thank you for the feedback and will be sharing your kind words w/her. I hope we see you again soon.

Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Spent six days at this location while visiting family in Amarillo. The Hotel was clean, excellently staffed and more than comfortable. From the time we entered, we were treated like special guest. Our room was ready and we were settled in, in short order. The free breakfast was super and the free gift of a snack and drink was a thoughtful addition. The pool area was clean and we enjoyed the hot tub after a long day. The only down side was that the entrance was a little difficult to find. There is some construction next door, but other than that the hotel site is great with plenty of parking in what appears to be a safe and secure area.
There are plenty of places close to eat at and the movie theater next door is a pleasant plus. Its close proximity to I-40 makes it easy for travelers to get to.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators have less noise and are closer to stairs in case of an emergency. Take...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gordon E
Geatley,

Thank tyou so much for the review! I am sorry for the construction issue, but glad we were able to take such good care of you. Thank you again and hope to see you very soon!

Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

First impression waa wow! lobby was beautiful with modeen decor and water walls! Gorgeous new "green" hotel. Beautifully decorated, LED lighting everywhere, earth friendly materials. Rooms very made for comfort: our room had a micro kitchen with counter, fridge, sink; shower had shelves to set things on; beds were like sleeping on a cloud. TV in the bathroom, refreshments available around the clock in the lobby, complimentary water and cookies on arrival. This hotel wanted us to be comfortable! And we were!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank crazypilotgirl
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
WOW! What a great review! You are right, your comfort and making you feel at home is what we strive for.. That really makes us feel warm inside when we read feedback like this. Thank you for taking the time to write such great words and giving our hotel a chance! I hope we are able to see you a gain very soon!

texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

standard chain amenities. newly built. good, clean and functional. Holiday inn has come a long way from the beaten up image 10 years back. Self service Breakfast buffett has a few wait staffs to help out and actually catered to my two grand kids who are under 5. Lots of chain restaurants choices within 1/4 mile. Extremely convenient if you are passing through looking for lodging and food for a night. You will not be disappointed

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank hohoho1
hohoho1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. it is great to hear you had such a good stay, I am sure the breakfast servers enjoyed your grandkids more then you can imagine, they are loveable like that. I do wish to know what we can do to earn your 5th star on your next visit. I am not allowed to contact you per tripadvisor, but my email is cblair@ramhotels.net if you would like to give us feedback on how we can better your stay. Thank you again and hope to hear from you soon.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

This hotel appeared to be fairly new. Located in a hotel corridor with numerous restaurants and shopping areas very close. Parking lot was large and well lighted all night. Rooms were well appointed and clean. Hotel staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast area was more like a upscale cafe. Very clean and large enough to comfortably seat a large group. Again, breakfast staff were attentive and friendly. Hot breakfast with the usual fare. Hotel is located just off the interstate and easily located. Oddly, there is also a Holiday Inn Express very near this hotel if you prefer. I can recommend this hotel and would choose again should I be traveling in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sawyer9813
Sawyer9813,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. My only concern is that we strive to earn all 5 stars and would really like to do so for your next trip to Amarillo. I am unable to contact you per tripadvisor rules, but my email address is cblair@ramhotels.net. I would love more feedback on what we can do better. Thank you again and I hopew we are able to see you again very soon.