“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of our Route 66 Holiday, the front desk and reception area are pretty impressive. There was a little confusion with our deal (dinner was included for both nights) but once this was sorted we had a very present stay. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfy. The food at the hotel was excellent and the happy hour is fantastic value. I would recommend the signature Mexican Martini it was delicious. It was a real shame that the pool was out of use as we would have really liked to use it. Overall I would recommend this hotel, staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Kateharkness,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review, it seems like you had a good overall stay with your details of the restaurant and bar area. Thank you again and I hope we are able to see you again very soon.

Cody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Our high school girls' reunion spent the week-end here recently. The hotel, the manager (Chris Clark), the restaurant, and the entire staff could not have been any more pleasant and helpful. We loved everything about our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Kay K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. I am so glad your group had a wonderful time with us and the staff took such good care of you. We look forward to seeing and your group soon.

Dallas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Well if you are going to Amarillo for peace and quite, DO NOT stay at the Holiday Inn West in Amarillo Texas! We were in room 238(2nd floor) and it was terrible. Right below our room on Friday night and Saturday night, Holiday Inn had live music right below our window on the outdoor patio. There was not enough volume on the tv to drown out this loud no singing voice musician. Thankfully it ended at 8pm. Then there was the drunks that poured out onto the patio around 1:00 am (patio is suppose to close at 12 pm) both nights. A call to the front desk and this was taken care of but this can't be the first time this has taken place. Hopefully someone will show this place how to lock a door.
Now let's move on to the workout room and pool facilities.... both were close three days for repair.
One of the reasons... the main reason we stayed here was for the indoor heated pool. We were not contacted before our arrival and they offered no discounts given for this inconvenience . I brought 10 people with me ....we rented 4 rooms. We will not be back.

Jim Lynch (unhappy customer)

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Jim,

We are so sorry about your recent stay with us. We have provided live music because we have many guests who requested live music on the weekends. I understand that it is not everyones cup of tea. I also wanted to appologize for the pool and fitness area being out of order while you were visiting. We had an issue early afternoon of your arrival and did everything we could to get it back up, however due to it being a friday we could not get the parts in ontime to get the issues fixed. We did try to contact the guests arriving after that to let them know, however not everyone has a valid number and email on reservations. I am so sorry that this effected your stay and I would love the opportunity to make it better for you if possible. Please contact me at cblair@ramhotels.net. Again I am so so sorry for your stay, please give us the chance to make it up to you.

Cody B.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I frequent Amarillo for business, and I can confidently assert that this is the best place to stay in town. The brand new facilities are the best in the city, and the complimentary breakfast is one of the best that I have experienced at a Holiday Inn locale. I greatly appreciated the cheery attitude of Rosie at the front desk. The icing on the cake is the manager Chris who will go to great lengths to serve his customers including coming in on a weekend or his day off in order to accommodate your needs.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Waverider681,

Thank you so much for the great review. I am so glad we were able to take such good care of you. My only concern is that we didn't earn that 5th star. My email is cblair@ramhotels.net if you would like to touch base, I would really like to know what we can do next time to earn 5th star your next trip. Thank you again and I hope to hear back from you very soon.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

My company just held it's annual leadership conference at this hotel on September 11, 2013. We had about 35 employees that had to fly in and stay at the hotel as well. First, Lina was the incredible coordinator for our conference, and Fidel, the wonderful person who set up our conference room, was outstanding with his service for our all day conference.

Our employees loved the rooms, the great breakfast provided with their room reservation, and the close proximity (within walking distance) of good restaurants.

The entire staff was so warm, welcoming, and attentive - our company (which services eight states in the US) will be holding many more conferences at this hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
keja135,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review!! I am glad the team did such a great job taking care of you. We hope you choose us again for any future meetings.

Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

As part of the planning team for an event held at this location I can say our time spent here exceeded our expectations. The staff was outstanding and very accommodating for our group needs. Chris and his team are amazing, top notch in my book. Rosie at the front desk was extremely helpful in assisting me with any of my requests. The whole facility was very welcoming and nicely decorated with an overall relaxing vibe. The rooms were spotless and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast was great. We had a little hiccup in the meeting room, but the general manager Chris came in personally on his day off to quickly attend to the problem. It is hard to fine better service than that in my opinion. It is clear that guest comfort and satisfaction is a top priority. If I ever find myself in Amarillo again, either for business or vacation, I will be staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
doublemint921,

WOW!! Thank you so much for the amazing words! I am glad we were able to take such good care of you. Thanks again for taking time out of your day to write about us and I hope we are able to see you again very soon!!

Colorado Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were in town for a weekend to celebrate a family member's 50th wedding anniversary. (This hotel is just north of I-40, off exit 64, with lots of shopping nearby.) Our top (4th) floor room with king bed was beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. Security is state of the art. The room was furnished with comfy chair and ottoman, two-level desk and office chair, LG TV, dresser, microwave and refrigerator, large closet, ironing board and iron. The large bathroom had walk-in shower and defused lighting. The mattress and bedding were very comfortable with firm and soft pillows in the room. Fantastic FREE breakfast buffet awaits in the morning with hot oatmeal, eggs, bacon, sausage, and all of the usual continental items, including Texas-shaped waffles! Service was amazing BOTH mornings we were there. (If you are there on a weekend, you probably will run into Josh who is TOP-NOTCH!!) Beyond the large lobby, is a full-service bar and sitting area with VERY large TV. Indoors pool is on the small side but with a slide. The one setup person was a bit overwhelmed by the anniversary reception (there were way more attendees than expected) but responded promptly when asked.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are on the east side of the building; you can see downtown Amarillo off in the d...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
mtscribe,

WOW!! Thank you so much for the great detailed review. I am glad you were so impressed with your stay! Thank you again for the feedback and I hope we are able to see you again soon!!