“Outstanding service is the norm here!”

Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Everyone here goes out of their way to make my stay here outstanding, including maintenance, front desk, and most especially the bar tenders. I will come back again and again! I have never had a bad experience here. I recommend it to all of my friends and co-workers as well. The bar and it's employees even draw a local crowd! Can't say enough good things about this property. Best IHG property I have ever frequented!!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Nice overnight stop on the way to Colorado. Just far enough off I-40 so you don't hear trucks all night long. Nice lobby and large breakfast area with a very large buffet. Walked across the parking lot to the movie theaters and it's also close to tons of restaurants. Rooms were as expected and prices were fair. This is our "go to" place in Amarillo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the North end. If they have live music out on the bar patio a room on the south e...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I visited Amarillo on business and brought my Kindle Fire with me. I always have it with me and ended up leaving it in the room when I checked out. I was upset that I had lost it. I called the hotel to see if they found it. I left my name and number hoping to hear back.

A week went by and I thought it was gone forever. I decided to call just one more time to be sure. I reached Keeta and she assured me that they would look. Two days later she called saying they had found it. The next day the Director of Operations called me to get my address so he could mail it to me. Needless to say I was very happy. After a week and a half I was certain it was gone, but they did find it and made sure to get it back to me.

While I was staying there the service was excellent. I would encourage anyone to go check out the breakfast. Great options and excellent service. I will return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Jennifer U,

I am so glad you were able to get your important item that you lost. Thank you for sharing online about your stay. We hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of our Route 66 Holiday, the front desk and reception area are pretty impressive. There was a little confusion with our deal (dinner was included for both nights) but once this was sorted we had a very present stay. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfy. The food at the hotel was excellent and the happy hour is fantastic value. I would recommend the signature Mexican Martini it was delicious. It was a real shame that the pool was out of use as we would have really liked to use it. Overall I would recommend this hotel, staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Kateharkness,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review, it seems like you had a good overall stay with your details of the restaurant and bar area. Thank you again and I hope we are able to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Our high school girls' reunion spent the week-end here recently. The hotel, the manager (Chris Clark), the restaurant, and the entire staff could not have been any more pleasant and helpful. We loved everything about our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Kay K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. I am so glad your group had a wonderful time with us and the staff took such good care of you. We look forward to seeing and your group soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Well if you are going to Amarillo for peace and quite, DO NOT stay at the Holiday Inn West in Amarillo Texas! We were in room 238(2nd floor) and it was terrible. Right below our room on Friday night and Saturday night, Holiday Inn had live music right below our window on the outdoor patio. There was not enough volume on the tv to drown out this loud no singing voice musician. Thankfully it ended at 8pm. Then there was the drunks that poured out onto the patio around 1:00 am (patio is suppose to close at 12 pm) both nights. A call to the front desk and this was taken care of but this can't be the first time this has taken place. Hopefully someone will show this place how to lock a door.
Now let's move on to the workout room and pool facilities.... both were close three days for repair.
One of the reasons... the main reason we stayed here was for the indoor heated pool. We were not contacted before our arrival and they offered no discounts given for this inconvenience . I brought 10 people with me ....we rented 4 rooms. We will not be back.

Jim Lynch (unhappy customer)

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Jim,

We are so sorry about your recent stay with us. We have provided live music because we have many guests who requested live music on the weekends. I understand that it is not everyones cup of tea. I also wanted to appologize for the pool and fitness area being out of order while you were visiting. We had an issue early afternoon of your arrival and did everything we could to get it back up, however due to it being a friday we could not get the parts in ontime to get the issues fixed. We did try to contact the guests arriving after that to let them know, however not everyone has a valid number and email on reservations. I am so sorry that this effected your stay and I would love the opportunity to make it better for you if possible. Please contact me at cblair@ramhotels.net. Again I am so so sorry for your stay, please give us the chance to make it up to you.

Cody B.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I frequent Amarillo for business, and I can confidently assert that this is the best place to stay in town. The brand new facilities are the best in the city, and the complimentary breakfast is one of the best that I have experienced at a Holiday Inn locale. I greatly appreciated the cheery attitude of Rosie at the front desk. The icing on the cake is the manager Chris who will go to great lengths to serve his customers including coming in on a weekend or his day off in order to accommodate your needs.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Waverider681,

Thank you so much for the great review. I am so glad we were able to take such good care of you. My only concern is that we didn't earn that 5th star. My email is cblair@ramhotels.net if you would like to touch base, I would really like to know what we can do next time to earn 5th star your next trip. Thank you again and I hope to hear back from you very soon.