“Would have stayed longer”

Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Austin, Texas
“Would have stayed longer”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped in this hotel passing through town. It's a new facility, very welcoming, spacious room. The front entrance/lobby has beautiful stonework. There's a small bar area adjacent to the lobby and a giant fireplace. We were only there for 8 hours but it made a great impression.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Dumas, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed here on December 20, 2013 and had left my brand new sweater in the room. Called hotel back and said no sweater was found in room the house keeper knows there was one!! Do they not make note of what is left in rooms when they clean them. Cause they sure in the hell keep track of the towels and other things in the room and charge you for them if they are missing or damaged! They take your info. so why is it so hard to call customers of belongs left. I hope that house keeper had a MERRY CHRISTMAS!! One thing I hate worst than a lair is a thief!!

Room Tip: My breakfast food was cold and there wasn't nothing to get everything was empty. They did not ke...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear 2013Doreen,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I had a great week at this Holiday Inn. It's a brand new property and has all the touches the IHG brand is striving for. Lovely and modern. Reminded me why I'm a platinum IHG rewards member.

Check in was a breeze. I got a snack bag thing for being a reward member. I also got free breakfast coupons (but I didn't use them). My room was immaculate and comfortable for a week long stay. There was adequate internet throughout the week despite the hotel being pretty full most nights.

I REALLY liked the fitness room. It overlooks that neat pool so you can be mesmerized by the color changing lights in the pool while you run (which is good because there is only one tv and it's awkward to look at from the direction the cardio equipment faces).

The only snag I had was with check out. The hotel misplaced my billing info from my office. Joel was pretty snide about it initially, until my admin called and put him in his place. It was the hotel's fault, not hers and she let him know that.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

If you are passing thru and have kids this is the place for you. They have a great pool area for the family to hang out at. The room was great and the staff was awesome. For the adults the bar is nice for this type of hotel and worth stoping by. This is the second time we have stayed here and we will again.

Stayed December 2013
Niwot, Colorado
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great location just off the freeway on the West side of Amarillo. Easy in and out, plenty of parking, good restaurant, bar and recreational areas. The rooms are clean and comfortable, sleep quality is good and the price is fair and competitive. This is the best choice among the 10+ Hotels in the surrounding area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
San angelo
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

If you are lucky enough to get a room then book it! It has everything a business traveler needs, the bar tender Amanda never forgets your drink preference. The food is is very good compared to most hotels. But there are also very good restaurants in the area

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Austin
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I travel to Amarillo at least 4 times a year and I choose to stay at this hotel. The staff are helpful and friendly every time I am there. I travel a lot for my job and this is one of the best places to stay. I always feel at home. Hit the bar and ask for Amanda.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends