“Worth Finding”

Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Yuma, Arizona
“Worth Finding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

I was coming back from the Ozarks Shootout with a Boat in tow. I do not like having to go to far from the freeway... I-40 West. However, I read some of the reviews and decided to try this Hotel.

A great hotel with friendly staff and amazing greeting upon arrival. The rooms were immaculate and I could not believe it was a Holiday Inn Express. The beds were super comfortable and everything in the room was top notch. Noteworthy: is the rooms were huge as well as the bathrooms... something I was not expecting for the price.

The hotel had a complimentary Happy Hour in the lobby with ice cold beer. Breakfast was solid with quite a few choices and very clean eating area.

Plenty of parking and virtually no noise from the freeway or surrounding area. I had some of the most restful sleep in any hotel. I travel quite a bit throughout the U.S. and hope I find another Holiday Inn Express like this one. Definitely worth finding. I will make this a go to hotel choice for my company.

Room Tip: Great Internet area if you need to log in and take of business while your away.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank John C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
liberty112
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

This hotel review just keeps getting more and more interesting. I posted a reveiw last week and someone who works at the hotel had it flagged and removed and said that it was not their hotel. Oh I assure you that it was THIS hotel. The wall with the changing lights/water feature in the lobby and the fancy upscale decor should give enough of a distinction from the other HIE in Amarillo. Our stay was INDEED at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites West in Amarillo, Texas. I won't forget it and it is absurd that my review which was clearly not a 5 star review would be deceivingly removed. Thankfully, for your weary traveler eyes trying to choose a place to stay- I have a copy of what I originally posted! Read away and judge for yourself.

We had to shuffle our reservations around for different dates and ended up changing from the Holiday Inn Express in Canyon, TX to the Holiday Inn Express West in Amarillo, TX. Before we made the switch, we asked the reservation maker on the phone if they for sure had adjoining rooms with doors in between that could be used. We were assured that yes they did, but that they couldn't guarantee them to be there later in the evenings after more people had checked in. We planned to check in very close to check in time, so we felt confident that we would get what we needed for our family of 9 that was traveling. Upon checkin between 3-4pm the desk clerk gave us our 2 keys, assured us that our rooms had doors in between, and sent us on our way. After figuring out the elevator (you have to swipe your room key to get the elevator to go- annyoing!) we made our way to our rooms where we discovered that indeed there were NO doors in between them. Think 1 tired mom from driving all day, and 8 children with bags, potty needs, and the wiggles from being in a car now needing to go all the way back downstairs to the desk to find out where we could be moved. Not on my happy list. When I got to the desk there was a different clerk working who stated that this establishment did NOT have rooms with adjoining doors and that we would have to remain in the rooms we were given. 2 employees say "Yes we do!" and 1 employee says "No we don't!" Really guys? You work here right? What is the deal and the truth? Less than impressed we made the trek back up the elevator and split up to stay the night. I still don't know who was right or wrong or what employee lied to us- and frankly it was such a mess that I don't care because we won't ever stay here again.

The hotel is newer, the decor is upscale and fancy, but the lack of caring, knowledge, and assistance to their customers blackens all the smoke and lights here folks. I would skip over this place and stay somewhere where the service is considerate and correct.

Room Tip: Still unsure if this hotel has rooms with doors in between or not. I wouldn't count on it if you...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank liberty112
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear liberty112,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

We are currently up here in Amarillo working. We searched for somewhere to stay using trip advisor and came across this place. We made the call and we where given a great price for the room. Since the time we arrived it has been amazing. Varun Chitkara the manager of this place has been very helpful, courteous, attentive to all of our needs. The staff on board is just the same. They always have a smile on there face and quick to help and serve you the best way possible. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. They also have a happy hour from 5:30 to 7:30 with free beer or wine and appetizers which is perfect after a long day of work or travel. I could go on and on about this place but it's best if you come by and experience it for yourself. Don't bother looking somewhere else. Trust me you will love this place.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Raa915
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

The nicest Holiday Inn we've ever stayed in. Brand new, clean, modern, and comfortable. The rooms were very clean, the beds really comfortable, and the modern decor was fun and refreshing. The location was nice, too. Convenient to the highway but far enough back as to not deal with the noise. There are also plenty of restaurants in the area so one would not have to go searching for places to eat after a long day of driving.

The hot breakfast was average and what you would find at any of the nicer roadside hotels.

Staff was friendly and ready to accommodate.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank There_Kare_Goes
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

After traveling over 10 hours, we could not drive anymore. We pulled in to two other hotels and both were full. They recommended the Holiday Inn Express across the street. We pulled in and though the parking lot was a little dark, the hotel looked really nice. I went in and asked if they had availability and the lady said yes. Before I could get any more words out, she said the rate would be $249 and she had no discounts. I was a bit shocked at the rate and asked her if there was any better they could do or if she knew of another hotel. She said that this was their best rate and everyone was full. Did I want it or not?? WOW?? I was confused...I thought I was the paying customer here. I was a bit surprised by her choice of words. We ended up taking the room and needed to cart our luggage up. Well, there were no carts. I asked if they had any, and the lady said that they are all being used. Seemed a little weird with how late at night, but maybe they only had one cart, or maybe they were all being used. After 3 trips to the car, we went to room and it was a little tight, but nice and new. There was a tv in the bathroom which seemed neat and the furnishings were nice. Next morning, we got up and went to free breakfast. Very chaotic. There were tables that were empty, but not clean. People were having to clean their own tables. My kids and I got a table and waited in line for the food. Food was sparse, but their were a lot of people eating. We had to wait on a couple of items. We only saw one person working. It seemed like if we were paying the price we paid, the service should have matched the big hotels that charge these types of rates. Customer beware of the rates of this hotel. Beware of the service of this hotel. I have stayed at just as nice of hotels that offer alot friendlier service for far less money. I will think twice before staying at Holiday Inn Express brands again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank PatriotUSA84
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Got the presidential suite and felt disappointed by the no pull out couch and no doors to the bedroom. I travel with children and I was stuck with two toddlers in the bed with my husband and I. No extra blankets. Not the way to travel with children. But it had a bar in the room if college students want to throw a party. Mac computers in the business center were neat:

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Sweetcheaks
Carthage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I am very careful when selecting a hotel. I want it CLEAN! This hotel had a large room, very cool, very modern and new, clean and a nice breakfast! You will not go wrong staying here!!! The hotel has a nice bar. There are several good restaurants close by. We will certainly use this hotel anytime we are in Amarillo.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple