“Excellent value”

Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Hartford cheshire
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stopped here during our route 66 tour. Clean and very welcoming reception staff.

The room was large and clean as was the bathroom.

Breakfast is a feast and there is also a great pool.

Very handy for the Cadillac ranch and the Texan.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel is nice, easy to find, new, and clean. Room was adequate size, bathroom large, and all clean. Check-in was quick and to be honest, not too friendly. Oh well, it's a Holiday Inn and I'm a former front desk agent so I get it. Breakfast provided us with some bananas and bagels on the way out. Perfectly fine, might as well stay.

missouri
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Amarillo is a city with a bunch of chain hotels and after driving past some of them this morning, I'm so happy we spent last night at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in west Amarillo. Met the famed Priscilla at check-in and I must agree with previous reviewer in saying that she was friendly, helpful and efficient. I had our room keys in no time. The lobby is modern and pretty. We paid $129 for a room with two queen beds. The room was beautifully appointed. Bathroom was large and the beds were comfortable. The TV in bedroom was nice, we didn't use the one one the bathroom but our kids thought it was "cool." The hotel was very quiet. Breakfast was great. As a soccer mom, I spend a lot of my weekends in hotels partaking of their free breakfasts and I must say this was one of the best spreads I've ever seen. Cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, fresh fruit, bagels, yogurt, eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, teas, coffee, hot chocolate, and cereals were great and I was impressed with the pancake making machine. Push a button and out comes one or two pancakes. Holiday Inn Express & Suites is right off the highway on the west side of town. I grabbed a free newspaper on the way out and we continued on our cross country journey. You won't be disappointed if you book here!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank griffincooper
Breckenridge
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great hotel. Free happy hour, free great breakfast, and Priscilla at the front desk was incredibly kind and helpful! Rooms are new and clean. Cannot say enough about Priscilla! She was friendly and professional for this momma traveling with kids!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank TravelingMommas
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here to be close to the airport for an early morning flight. The property is newer. Staff was friendly and efficient. Room was clean and everything worked. Lots of nice touches like adjustable reading lights, and night light in bathroom. Breakfast was fresh and hot. location is great. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 341 is ideal if you want quiet and don't mind the stairs. it is right by the stairs and y...
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is right off of the loop that goes around Amarillo. We took it down to Canyon and went to the play. It was about a 20 minute drive to Canyon. This is a very nice hotel with super comfortable beds. We had a two queen room and it was cramped with 4 of us in the room. Breakfast was very good but very crowded. There weren't any tables available so we took our food back upstairs to our room to eat. The pool is small but nice and in good condition. There was a television in the bathroom which was a favorite with the kids!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The standout for us at this hotel is the service. My daughter and I were traveling across the country and our car was loaded down with belongings. I was concerned about hotel parking overnight since I'd experienced a car break-in several years ago (different city, different hotel chain). I called ahead to several hotels asking about parking situations. On the phone, Priscilla was very nice and assured me that even though their hotel generally didn't have a problem with break-ins we could park near the front door and the front desk staff would keep an eye on our car. In person, Prashant showed me a little spot to park right across from the front doors where the desk staff could see our car. I really appreciated their efforts even though I know there are no guarantees when parking in hotel lots.

Saturday, the next day and many miles down the road, we received a call in the car from the hotel manager - my daughter left her laptop on the bed and the maid turned it in to him. He offered to keep it locked in his office and we could arrange for it to be sent to her on Monday. We were impressed the laptop was turned in and have every confidence it will return to us in good shape and timely. V.C., the manager was very pleasant to work with on the phone setting up shipping.

The hotel itself is in excellent shape. Rooms are nice and clean, well taken care of. It was busy the night we were there! There are options for eating and gas very near the hotel, too. Our only complaint would be breakfast. Although it's free, we're just not fond of these kind of breakfasts - lots to choose from but not all that tasty or healthy. Bananas and single-serve yogurt for us...

All in all, we'd stay there again since the rate was reasonable and there are good people there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family