“New Favorite Dish” 4 of 5 bubbles

Green Chile Willy's Grill
Ranked #16 of 501 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“New Favorite Dish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

For the last 20 years my favorite dish has been at a restaurant in Atlanta. On our way through Amarillo, I found my NEW favorite dish. The Jalapeno Chicken Fried Steak is AMAZING. The Green Chile Chicken Fried Steak is also very, very good but it came in second. I'm sure the regular Chicken Fried Steak is good but I tried the other two on my sampler plate first. My husband just ordered the Green Chile Chicken Fried Steak and thought he would get my leftovers. NOT SO FAST! Fortunately for him, my SIL shared a bite of her Jalapeno CFS with him. There were four adults in our party and three of us would make a trek back to Amarillo just for this dish. This dish is definitely five stars. I deducted a star for shaky service. We were sitting directly in front of the kitchen and everyone there was moving fast so that wasn't the issue. Maybe they were just short-handed that night. However, there was still some waiting. We will be going back!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pwac1968

Canberra, Australia
“Good down home cookin'”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

It's busy so be prepared to wait. It's Texas comfort food which is delicious, but nothing fancy. I enjoyed eating here.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank axs666
Amarillo, Texas
“Best Jalepeno Chicken Fry in the World!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

If you haven't tried the Jalepeno Chicken Fry at Green Chile Willy's you haven't lived! It is sooooo good you'll have another party in your mouth! Not only are the flavors wonderful but you don't get all the grissel normally associated with chicken fried steak. I haven't eaten chicken fried steak in decades because of the grissel (or however the heck you spell it). I was hesitant to try it here but thought I'd give it a try!! Oh my goodness! Great flavor, excellent meal

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JohnnyTaylor
Tontitown, Arkansas
“Three visits in three weeks. Everything is good. BYOB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

The steaks are indescribably good and the fried pecan pie is the Best. Remember to stop and get beer on the way. Service was amazing every time.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank NegrilBum
Detroit, Michigan
“A bit hard to find but good steaks and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is truly a local spot. The wait staff were nice and the steaks excellent. Our GPS was not very helpful, you are on the side street East of the Highway and the sign for the dirt parking lot is small.

Visited May 2014