“Great place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is my favorite hotel in Amarillo. The staff is very friendly (especially the front desk clerk Duane). The rooms were clean and the breakfast is above average. Had a good nights sleep at a good rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 July 2013

This Comfort Inn is located off Soncy Rd and I-40. As I was reading some of the reviews that are negative, I couldn't figure out why until I started writing a review of my own. There is more than one Comfort Inn and the negatives refer to the other Comfort Inn not the one located off Soncy Rd. There is a BIG difference. I'm limited to 200 characters so here we go: I have stayed at many hotels all over the US. I have never taken the time to write a review,but this time I couldn't not write one. Sharon is the best front desk person ever! She made my mom and I feel right at home from the moment we walked through the doors. Everyone there had a smile on their face-you could tell they loved their job. We wish we could have given more back to the staff. Breakfast-so many choices-loved the boiled eggs cooked fresh:) So clean-the entire place!!!!My mom and I wish we had gotten to say goodbye to Sharon,but we had to be at the airport early and it wasn't her shift. We hope you enjoy the cupcakes from the wedding:) Thanks for making our stay so wonderful. God bless:)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Confirmed reservation, but when we arrived they only had smoking rooms. Elevator and hall reeked of cigarette smoke, room was awful. No help from the front desk, we had to scramble and find another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2013

On a long road trip from California to New Jersey and back my wife and I found ourselves spending our second night at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Amarillo, Texas. Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by a very nice young man and were in our room and relaxing within a short period of time. The room was clean, comfortable and had all the amenities we would expect for a room in the $100.00 plus price range. The same young man at the front desk recommended a local steakhouse for dinner and provided us with a coupon for a free appetizer. After a good dinner and nights sleep we decided to have breakfast at the hotel. What ever happened to good old scrambles eggs and where do they get their their biscuits and gravy from ? Not the best breakfast but overall it was a very good stay in Amarillo

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel has large rooms,great TVs,powerful showers,crisp linens and friendly,helpful staff. Even though I didn't use the other facilities there is a modern pool, guest laundry and fitness centre. Breakfast had hot and cold food and was regularly replenished . I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I received bogus damage charges caused by their staff. Learn from my experience and stay away from this place. I got a room for two nights that had a tub with jets. The first room had debris spewing from the jets. I told them about it and a maintenance person came to flush it when I stepped out. Apparently, he was not paying attention and let the tub overfill. When I got back, the front desk let me know of the spill and told me to let them know if it was bad, but the front desk clerk said the tub issue should be resolved. The carpet around the tub was soaked and the jets still spewed out debris. I let the front desk know, but was told they were fully booked for the night and would not be able to change rooms until the morning. I was compensated for 50% for the first night. The new room they put me in was great. A week later, I notice a $200 extra charge on my credit card bill. I called to see what happened, I was told there were stains on the carpet from the first room I was put in. The person said they looked like marker stains. I called on a weekend, and was told to call back Monday because the manager would not be in until then. That same day I put in an official complain with guest relations - a joke, but more on that further out. I called back to speak with the general manager the following Monday, she said that her custodian informed the front desk clerk of the damages to the carpet and the front desk clerk let her know. She also added that the stains were vomit stains; neither I nor my girlfriend threw up anywhere in this location. She said the rooms are checked daily, and the damages were not there before I had the room. Therefore, I must be responsible. I was never called to be informed of the charges and I was there for another night and nobody came to let me know of the damages I had supposedly caused. Guest relations for Comfort Inn (Choices Hotels)is a joke, their excuse is that this is a franchise and the general manager has the final say. Once again, learn from my experience and stay away from this place.

Room Tip: I don't recommend any room at this place. Stay away to avoid fraudulent charges based on damage...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oscar7064
La Shon H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us. Without our guest comments good or bad we cannot hope to continue to raise the bar at our hotel. Nice talking with you on the phone hopefully we can get this situation worked out.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

My family and I highly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The modern amenities were a pleasant surprise. I loved the decor. The staff was very friendly. This hotel was clean, close to shopping and lots of restaurants. The pool and gym were also very nice, as was the breakfast, dining and lobby. The rate was excellent and I'd stay there again if I ever return to the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business