“Quiet, clean, great location”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
“Quiet, clean, great location”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you are looking for a quiet, clean hotel in a great location, look no farther than this one! It is located right off of I-40 just west of Amarillo. The night clerk, Patricia, was funny, courteous, personable and very customer oriented. We had one special request which she graciously took care of! The room was quiet and clean, with a very fast internet connection. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donna S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We always stay here when we come to Amarillo. Patricia at the front desk has always been so helpful on any thing we need. I would recommend this motel to anyone. It is the best place we have ever stayed in Amarillo, Tx. while we are passing through.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jerry h
winston salem
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel is relatively new and on the western side of Amarillo. We were on a cross country trip and this hotel was a perfect stop. Clean, comfortable and excellent staff. Great breakfast for the start of a great day. We would absolutely return to this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
australia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Nothing in the area to eat , really need a car to get around. Nice breakfast include in the price and the rooms were extra large and comfortable. Certainly charged the batteries well , great nights sleep in a quiet area

Room Tip: All good rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Clinton, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 February 2014

You get what you pay for...usually the rule and not the exception but this is the exception. If you want a clean place with a really nice room and a convenient location in the trendier part of Amarillo then stay here. Good size room with all the norms...fridge, flat screen, micro, coffee pot, free internet, etc. Staff is friendly and efficient. Continental breakfast is average. Indoor pool area and pool is very large with an oversize hot tub. Also, shower pressure (important to me) rates a 7 out of 10.

But, here's the kicker...$66 per night!!! Usually stay at Holiday Inn Express when traveling but they wanted (in this trendy area) $109. I'll keep the $43 in my pocket...thank you. Not sure if they were running a special for the time I was there but it may be worth it to check them out from a $$$ aspect.

Easily worth every bit of the $66.

Would have been rated a 5 but had to have the air conditioner serviced and the free internet had some minor gliches.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Ontario, California
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My BFF & I were doing a girls' cross country trip along Route 66 from Chicago to Los Angeles trying to get out of the cold. We broke down Saturday evening on MLK Jr weekend. Local dealers didnt service our foreign car (better to buy American made) & distant dealers not open on Sunday anyway. The staff at Comfort Inn on Soncy were amazing in making us feel welcome & comfortable in a frightening situation. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, & we loved the freshly baked cookies. It was also great to have an excellent selection of restaurants & a nearby mall to pass the time away while we waited for Monday to roll around.

• Stayed January 2014
Arkansas
Reviewed 11 January 2014

First let me say that I feel there are not enough reviews on here of disability rooms--and not all hotels are the same from an ADA standpoint. This place tries, but falls short in a number of places.

First, parking is fine--there seemed to be an adequate number of spaces in good locations. The lobby was a bit crowded by the breakfast area for maneuvering a chair or mobility scooter, but not too bad and the elevator was well located and a good size. The room I was given had adequate maneuvering space--a bit tight in places, but doable. The bathroom had an accessible sink, but the tub shower combo was a nightmare. There was an adjustable height shower head, but the wand it was on would not detach. It was immediately above the seat in the tub--right above. There was no way to adjust the water so it would hit the front of a person sitting down. Trying to wash my hair was impossible. It was easily the most awkward positioning for a handicapped shower I have ever tried to use.

ADA guidelines now call for the mattress height to be 22" from floor to allow a person in a chair to transfer. Today's modern pillow top mattresses can be as much as 30" off of the floor. For a person whose arms are weak, trying to transfer into this bed can be impossible. While not the highest mattress I have ever seen, it was still a fairly high and difficult to use mattress.

The breakfast was pretty good, but the breakfast area was difficult to use. Coffee was located in a very narrow galley type area--using a mobility device in this area was tough. Tables were jammed into a small part of the lobby area--surprising in a hotel as new as this one looked to be that was designed to offer breakfast. There are waffles, but I am not sure who could have cooked one. The waffle iron was located in a very small area across the room from everything else and crammed behind a table. Most of our group did not even realize that there were waffles. the counters were too high for a person in a chair to easily get to food. Plates were located at one area only. I honestly considered leaving the breakfast area when I saw how hard getting some food would be. However, I was with a group and someone showed up to assist me. The quality of the food was mixed. The biscuits were hard as a rock and we were there fairly early in the morning. Coffee was pretty good and there was real half and half for it. The assortment of tea was pretty good as well.

Service was pleasant; check in was good, as was check out, even though I had a group there, it went quickly. The others had no complaints about their rooms. Except for the tight breakfast area, I think this is a fine overnight location right on I 40 in western Amarillo. The ADA room was not the worst I have had, but I am wanting to get more ADA reviews on here that make it possible for the handicapped traveler to learn ahead of time what rooms are like.

By the way, the Comfort Inn website shows accessible rooms and rates which is rare, but supposed to be required by law. Kudos to Comfort Inn for allowing the handicapped the same ease of reservation that others have.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business