“Better Than Most, Not Quite The Best”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Amarillo
Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Austin, Texas
“Better Than Most, Not Quite The Best”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Although, this hotel needs some fixing up, it is clear they have already done a lot to improve your stay. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The room met all of my needs. However, I would have preferred not to be awakened in the morning by housekeeping's 4 year old little boy playing with my door handle. In addition, the breakfast lacks an egg/hot food option other than make your own waffle. Another strange thing is that there are large wall-legnth mirrors over the beds; I found that a little creepy. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my stay here. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Laurie, Missouri
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Staff was nice, rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. The price was good. The rooms are a bit small but have a mini fridge and microwave and were plenty comfy for a nights stay while we were on the way home. Considering it was about $100 less per nite than our normal choice of HI Express we were quite satisfied.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We arrived late at night. Hotel was clean and staff were friendly. Room was excellent. Location was near intrstate and major city avenue. Very easy access from interstate. Easy to get back onto interstate. Very good value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Derry, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Unless there is nowhere else to stay, I would choose another option. There are many within the same price range to choose from. When we first walked in, we were greeted with a locked door and a small window to talk to the front desk person to (like at a bank), which gave us the impression that it was not the safest place to be - not good considering we stopped at 11pm while on a roadtrip. When we got to our room it smelled like something had died ages ago in it. We were too tired to complain so we just left the windows cracked open and tried to ignore the smell (which never went away). The room was small and dingy looking, and the breakfast was average at best. The front desk clerk that checked us in, also, I'm pretty sure was smoking pot when we first walked in. Don't stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Chickasha
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great service, room, and a great night sleep. Spent the first night of our tori at another hotel. (Mistake) booked second night at Microtel the next morning. Could not have had a better time. Enjoyed the rest of our trip. Will be conning back to Amarillo and will be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

On way back from Colorado stayed here for one night. Asked for a room close to door, and front desk was polite and accommodated me. After getting all my stuff in the room(didn't want to leave in car for fear of theft) I noticed the handle was broken off the bathroom sink. Luckily I could kind of work the sink with what was left of the broken handle..but it dripped all night. There also was a nasty stain on the wall next to the toilet.
I informed the desk about the faucet, and she apologized, as I had valuables in the room I didn't want maintenance to fix it, and I had too much stuff to move rooms again.

Also my room was an adjoining room, not sure if the people on the other side had their door open but I could hear them talking perfectly even though they weren't yelling. I had to turn the fan on the air conditioning unit to drown them out so I could sleep

Room Tip: Free shuttle from Microtel to Big Texan Steak Ranch, which is a fun place to go with good food and m...