“Merits second glance!”

Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Merits second glance!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I picked this hotel online from reviews and photos, and when I walked into lobby to check in, I initially thought, Uh Oh...The lobby/desk/dining area are all one space and I was a little disappointed, honestly. I'd booked it for the week as a reunion site for my sister and me...
BUT, then I took a second look and realized the place had just been repainted (oh yeah, a review had mentioned that!) and recarpeted with new furnishings, too. The plants are live, and just need a few years to get big (that would transform feeling a lot)...And while the rooms are narrow and bath and sink and closet areas small, the beds are great, big, and the linens immaculate...Breakfast included, and hot coffee and juices all day long (I used the orange juice to make afternoon wine coolers!)...The staff is great, and I am tickled at the price! For accepting the smallness, I got a clean, fresh room for half the price of most others in the Amarillo area.

Room Tip: treetops created a great view and sound blocker in the second-floor rooms...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Amarillo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Staff were very friendly. Was able to keep dog in room. Room clean. Only complaint would b no coffee maker in room and the exercise room advertised is a few very old machines that do not work. Great room for price.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The front desk clerk was polite enough, but hadn't been give access by the manager to even look up my Wyndham number. The room was okay, but the air conditioning didn't work. Thankfully, it was only in the 80s during the day and got into the low 60s at night. This would have been a nightmare in the normal Amarillo summer temps. It was raining and I opened the window to get cooler air. I still did not sleep because of the noise from outside but at least it was somewhat cooler. I asked at the front desk for a fan. Again, the manager hadn't given the desk clerk access to the office where a fan was. They said the motel was completely full and there wasn't another room to move us to. I was very glad to leave this property and it's now on our DO NOT STAY HERE list.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Mansfield, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Amarillo has a lot of reasonably-priced motels. We decided to try this Microtel based on our previous experience with that brand and the fact that this one has an indoor pool and spa. After the room was charged to our credit card, we turned around and saw the sign which said pool area was closed for remodeling. Strike one. Then we were informed that we couldn't use the elevator to get to our upstairs room because of construction on the first floor. Strike two. Within a few hours the water went off without notice. When we called the desk they said the water was off to replace a valve. Strike three. But we had already paid and unloaded so we decided to stay anyway. SUGGESTION: Don't stay here until the remodeling is finished. We paid full price for part of a motel.
However there were several positives. The second floor had already been remodeled - new carpet and new paint. The room (King Suite) had very good light everywhere. It was nice to stay in a fresh room since many reviews of other hotels complain of dirty and outdated interiors. The staff was friendly and did their best to minimize our inconvenience. The breakfast area was pretty standard but was clean and kept stocked in spite of the construction. The internet connection was reasonably fast for a motel.

Room Tip: Call before booking to make sure that remodeling has been completed and that all ammenities are work...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple