“Good wine, average food”
Review of Crush

Crush
Ranked #23 of 510 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Outstanding wine cellar and light, fresh lunch and dinner menus in a great location in the middle of downtown. Outside tables and banquet space in addition to main seating area.
Amarillo, TX
“Good wine, average food”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Although I WANT to like this place, the service has always been slow and bad. There is only one guy who works here who is super-friendly, which is too bad. They have a great seating area outside, and the best wine selection and beer in town. Last time we went we left after 45 minutes because our waitress never came back to take our order. There were 4 employees hanging out at the counter with friends or giving each other back rubs...The food isn't that great either. I suggest going to Market Street, picking up a bottle of wine (you'll pay a quarter of the price), pick up some fancy cheese and crackers and head to a park!

Visited August 2013

Amarillo
“Always good food and drink”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

The sandwiches salads and burgers are always good. I've always had friendly service. This isn't the place to go when you're in a rush. Go in for good food. Good wine and conversation. It's great for a lunch downtown, just make sure you have the time to relax and chat. One of their employees turned me on to the first wine I ever liked. I assured him I was not a wine fan, and that I have never found one I liked. He proved me wrong, and I tasted the Italian rose and fell in love.
This is a great downtown spot. Desserts are good too!

• Visited June 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Charming!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Spent the evening downtown and visited Crush for appetizers and drinks before dinner. Had a lovely time, so much that I took my mom in for lunch the following week. Great wine and beer selection, excellent lunch menu (with half portions for soup/salad or sandwich combos). I hear that this place offers an excellent brunch - next trip!!

• Visited May 2013
Amarillo, Texas
“A touch of big city...”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We went to lunch on a business day. I had only been previously in the evening for a party, so I hadn't experienced the lunch menu. I found it not only good tasting, but healthy, with fresh ingredients. The service was attentive and professional. Prices matched the quality of food. There is a large wine selection. Overall, a great place to relax and eat.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank kcw66
Austin, Texas
“Love this place.”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Great wine selection chosen by people that love wine. Not too snooty but interesting and creative. We stop here every time we drive across Texas just to sample the amazing wines.

The food is silly and incompetent. The hamburgers are dry and amateurishly complicated. The NY strip steak was grey, chewy and, I suspect, frozen - not fresh. The fries are slathered in pungent, pointless, pretentious truffle oil. The salads are fantastic as is the veggie burger (just avoid those stupid fries).

They REALLY need to address the stark, harsh lighting. They also need to add some sound-absorbing drapery. It is LOUD in there.

Chad from Las Vegas is a great, friendly bartender as is the biker dude and the tall skinny girl. The small guy with glasses should limit his exposure to customer until he is familiar with earth-humans. :-)

By all means go and have a glass of great wine. Who knows? You might be treated to a full-scale homie-riot from Tatum's, the rap-club down the street. It's happened at least two of the evenings I've stayed at the Marriott on Polk. Bring a camera.

• Visited November 2012