“LOVE IT” 5 of 5 bubbles

Crush
Ranked #25 of 501 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Outstanding wine cellar and light, fresh lunch and dinner menus in a great location in the middle of downtown. Outside tables and banquet space in addition to main seating area.
Houston, Texas
“LOVE IT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This place was very conveniently located in the heart of downtown amarillo right across from the hotel I was staying in.The staff was very very personalble and friendly; all smiles and very engaging. The atmosphere is very contemporary, inviting, dimly lit and warm. All the tables and chairs were wooden; black and brown. Very sultry feeling. Perfect for a nice date night.

The menu was so unique and had a large assortment to choose from. I got the crush burger and my friend got one of their signature pizzas. Both were incredibly delicious! The pizza was better than a lot of the NYC pizza I had while living in NYC! The burger looked small but dont let that fool you. It was incredibly filling. Very juicy and unique and flavorful.

The restaurant had a huge wine and beer selection, but to my dismay, no cocktail options or any other alcohol for that matter.

The dessert menu was small but everything on the dessert menu was completely delicious.

It is a bit pricey, but definitely worth it.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Hallie G

“Great collection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We visited this wine bar and it was sensational
Great helpful staff
Great beer wine and we had an appetizer which was great

Edmond, OK
“Best Restaurant in Downtown Amarillo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Crush is an unexpected restaurant in downtown Amarillo. Their wine selection is fantastic, extensive and changes monthly. And their beer selection is also good and diverse.

The food, well, it can be a bit inconsistent. The appetizers, salads and dessert options are good (the quinoa cakes are amazing). The sandwiches also are pretty good, especially the Philly, but I have found that the steaks can be overlooked and chewy and the chicken is downright rubbery. The pizza is ok, but would be better if they used more ingredients, rather than a few artfully placed ones.

The staff is friendly, but service can be slow. My biggest complaint is that they allow smoking on the patio which is hugely annoying!

Occasionally their is live music on the patio, but the quality is decidedly amateurish.

In summary, go for the wine - it's still a fun place!

• Visited September 2013
Amarillo, TX
“Good wine, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Although I WANT to like this place, the service has always been slow and bad. There is only one guy who works here who is super-friendly, which is too bad. They have a great seating area outside, and the best wine selection and beer in town. Last time we went we left after 45 minutes because our waitress never came back to take our order. There were 4 employees hanging out at the counter with friends or giving each other back rubs...The food isn't that great either. I suggest going to Market Street, picking up a bottle of wine (you'll pay a quarter of the price), pick up some fancy cheese and crackers and head to a park!

Visited August 2013
Amarillo
“Always good food and drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

The sandwiches salads and burgers are always good. I've always had friendly service. This isn't the place to go when you're in a rush. Go in for good food. Good wine and conversation. It's great for a lunch downtown, just make sure you have the time to relax and chat. One of their employees turned me on to the first wine I ever liked. I assured him I was not a wine fan, and that I have never found one I liked. He proved me wrong, and I tasted the Italian rose and fell in love.
This is a great downtown spot. Desserts are good too!

• Visited June 2013