“Just like old times”

Tascosa Drive-in Theater
Ranked #2 of 13 Fun & Games in Amarillo
More attraction details
Owner description: Tascosa Drive In is a modern day state of the art digital outdoor theater. The family friendly atmosphere gives you the feeling of stepped back in time. Tascosa plays two first run movies for one low price. The largest screen in the Texas panhandle produces a spectacular picture against the star lit sky. We have a large verity of concession food that won't drain your wallet.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Takes me back to when I was a kid...... Only better. Take your own food or buy from the concession. Two movies for the price of one, it doesn't get any better.

5  Thank Jeff R
"pickles"
"playground"
"activity"

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We traveled to Amarillo for no particular reason, just a weekend outing along Route 66. Prior to leaving for the trip, I read that there was a drive-in movie theater there. I knew we would be going to that, regardless of what was playing.

I don't even recall the last time I was at a drive in. Thirty-five years ago maybe?

We had a great time! The price was reasonable for two feature films ($8.00 per person), the screen and sound quality (on your FM radio) was very good, and the concession prices weren't as sky high as typical movie theaters. A warning though... we were there in March and, per their website, had expected to be able to order turkey legs and/or hamburgers to eat. But they didn't have those yet that early in the season. So it was hot dogs and popcorn for us. But that was okay too.

As I mentioned, we don't live there. If we did, I think we would go pretty regularly. It would be fun if they had some "theme" nights--old movies, family night, etc.

I also wondered if the people living in the houses near there just sit around and listen to movies in the evening. That would be kind of funny.

3  Thank lyrix428
Reviewed 21 January 2014

What a neat experience in this day and age. Good to see a classic throwback like this. Wish we had one near my home.

5  Thank jayll135
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The price to go see two top movies is cheap. There are bathrooms and a snack bar if you get hungry. In the front where the Theatre is, there is a play ground for the kids to have fun before the movie starts.

4  Thank Victoria D