Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$148
Country Inn
US$87
US$84
Agoda.com
All reviewsfull kitchenfree laundryfire pitfront deskone bedroom suitecomfortable hotelthe texas shaped wafflessmall kitchenroad tripother hotelsindoor poolpull out sofatwo queen bedsfresh fruitbreakfast was deliciousroom was largefirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had never really understood where the Staybridge brand fit among the various InterContinental Hotel Group brands, but we had the opportunity to get a room at the Amarillo Staybridge through use of some frequent flier points. Wow! We were very impressed! I guess it's a nice couple steps above the Holiday Inn Express.

The Amarillo facility is relatively small, designed for folks that are staying for a long time. It includes a full kitchen, with a two-burner stove. The bedroom is spacious and separate from the living area. The living area also includes a nice desk and lamp.

Both the living and sleeping area include nice LG LCD televisions. The bath is split, with a full walk-in shower with real glass doors and a stool in one room, and the sink with a spacious counter outside of the shower area. The stool is quiet, and there is a ventilation fan, also quiet, that runs as long as the shower-area light is on.

The bed was comfortable, and included two night stands with lamps. The lamps included outlets for charging our phones, but also included easy switches. All of the furniture and cabinetry has the modern satin black finish. Nothing is worn. All is clean.

The internet service is free and pretty fast. There is also a free breakfast, typical of Holiday Inn Express hotels. It includes do-it-yourself Texas-shaped waffles, scrambled eggs, spicy sausage, and lots of cereal, bagels, sweet rolls, juices, coffee, etc. It's a convenient way to start the day. There is also a gas station nearby to top off your tank.

The whole place was clean, as if it was new, but there is a little bit of wear that suggests it is not quite new.

We had trouble finding the place. The address listed on their internet site was not available on our GPS. Be sure to take the written instructions - it is close to I-40, but the narrow end of the hotel is on the street, making it easy to miss.

My only caution is that I would not want a room on the first level. The hotel is built on a very small footprint, so parking is almost against the windows of the first floor rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor. Parking virtually abuts the windows and could be a bit noisy. Also, avoid the rooms adjacent to the street on the west side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This was the best hotel I've been in for a long time, with the exception of some super-luxury brands such as Ritz-Carlton. The room was huge, fully equipped, and spotless. The breakfast was a step above any other.

I travel from Central Texas to Colorado often and this was my first stay here. It won't be my last.

Room Tip: All seem about equal. The soundproofing left a little bit to be desired, but that is a minor complaint, and my only complaint.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dro1945
Reviewed 22 July 2013

…then I can’t really recommend it. I hate to give a low rating to a hotel which otherwise looks nice and provides very good service, but sleep quality is the most important factor for me, and it’s not good here. When I checked in I asked Branden for the quietest room he had. He said that the 4th floor was quietest, but full, so we got a room on the 3rd floor. The walls and ceilings are thin in this hotel. It sounded like the person one floor above us was wearing combat boots and stomping as he walked. That’s how I knew he was up at 6am. But I was already awake because one of the unoccupied rooms had an alarm go off at 5am (yes, it woke me up). Based on previous reviews, I skipped the breakfast so I can’t report on that.

Branden was very helpful and friendly. When I called down for a “real” corkscrew he said he just had the cheap ones, but would call a sister property and have one brought over. Nice. The courtyard area is great and has a nice sitting area as well as two gas grills if you want to grill some burgers. I really liked the look and feel of the place.

Take the same property and build it with better sound barriers and you have a winner. Unfortunately…

Room Tip: 4th floor only
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MangaMan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear MangaMan,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We are truly sorry for the noise challenges you experienced during your stay. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Hotel was very nice looking. Very pleased with room and amenities. Asked for 2 extra towels and an extra blanket and clerk met us at elevator with the linens. We bought using Priceline and price was fantastic. My only complaint.....breakfast. It was terrible. Just terrible. I have had plenty of powdered eggs from plenty of hotel breakfasts and these were by far the worst ever. Everything seemed stale and recycled pastries from earlier in the week.

My recommendation...stay here. You will be very happy. But eat elsewhere!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ricker10
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have stayed in several Staybridge Suites and this was one of the nicest of them all. It is located about a block south of I-40 and is located near restaurants and gas. It does have an indoor pool, outside entertaining area with fire pit and grill. The breakfast let a bit to be desired and if the staff could take a few extra minutes to put some care into what they are serving it could be much better.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor so you don't have to hear people walking above you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family