“Pleasantly surprised!”

Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We are loyal to IHG, and usually stay only one particular chain. However, after our stay here we are rethinking our loyalty to the other chain! We were so impressed with Staybridge Suites! We received an upgrade upon arrival (thank you!) to a 1-bedroom suite. This property would be great for long-term business travelers and families. The grilling/gazebo area was full when we arrived. The pet area is along the side of the building and not completely fenced in, so you have to keep your dog leashed. But nonetheless, a great amenity to have on-site since grass in scarce. Tons of restaurants and stores nearby for any needs. Front desk staff was very friendly and acknowledged our IHG status and my husband's military status. He later recommended a local pizza/wings place that delivered...yummy! Our room was spacious, GREAT TVs with HD channels, comfy bed. Kitchen was stocked with very basic essentials. We hit the road early and didn't partake in breakfast the next morning, though it looked like a typical spread from what was set up. Would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at six hotels over a ten day trip and we wished the entire time we could have taken Staybridge Suites to each new town. The hotel has clean classically modern lines. The staff was friendly; check-in easy. The amount of space in each room with a large sitting area was a nice break from typical hotel rooms. The evening dinner is not provided for guests on week-ends but a number of restaurants are just a short walk away and with the kitchenette that comes with dishes we were able to take home doggie bags to warm up later in the hotel room. Breakfast is above the standard free breakfast and the dining area furnishings are also above average. (One exception, powered eggs not a favorite.) We were not traveling with children but the pool and family room provided with boxed games and books seemed great for families.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were exhausted after a long trip and needed a nice place to stay to sleep. Given the nice reviews that this hotel has received (which I can't figure out for the life of me how...), we dedided to stay here (and the Hiltons were all booked.)

When we arrived, we inquired as to the parent company for the hotel (e.g. Hilton, Sheraton) and the front desk clerk had no clue. How are we supposed to get points? The front desk doesn't know what chain of hotels to which they belong??

Then we arrived in our room. Our room was very strangely large - which is normally not a bad thing, but it felt like we were in a gym with cots set up to sleep.

The floors are extremely thin as we could hear the upstairs guests stomping around well in to the wee hours of the morning, which made sleeping a challenge. The beds were hard as a rock; I may as well have slept on the floor. The extra pillows in the closet did not have pillow cases - not sure how I was supposed to use it.

A couple of the lamps had burned out bulbs. The toilet paper holder was not properly affixed to the wall and would not hold the toilet paper on the holder; we had to leave the toilet paper on the floor.

I can't believe we spent more on this hotel than any other on our trip. I sure wish I could get my money back.

Room Tip: Be sure to request the top floor so you're the one making the noise and won't be kept awake...
3 Thank Shrimpybait
AmarilloTxDipak, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for contacting the Staybridge Suites in Amarillo regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to not having the suites up to IHG standards.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate your candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Thanks
GM
australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Driving route 66 and picked this hotel from trip advisor and not dissapointed.First time stay at this brand and very impressed.Staff friendly and fast check in.Suites spacious and clean and while kitchenette not useful for us as just passing through ,would be a plus for families staying longer.Rooms quite and had a great sleep
Breakfast good and internet was fast.Definitly recommend this Hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ald59
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place was so comfortable I'm actually going to be looking for them everywhere we go now. The price was great! Nice relaxation room although we were too busy hiking for that. Our suite was very spacious and clean. We arrived early and they accommodated us for early check in. The staff was very friendly. Comfortable bed and let me say this - usually we are running and gunning on trips and only use our room to sleep in. But here we were so tired in the evenings we were in by 7:30 each night and this suite was so comfortable it was nice to just relax with a bottle of wine and watch some tv. I loved it and like I said, will be looking for Staybridge's everywhere now!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This was a clean, friendly hotel, and its a real joy to have a suite with a kitchenette when traveling. The receptionist mentioned that dinner was provided, though we arrived too late for that. Upon arrival, I noticed several people relaxing and visiting in the great room. My room was very quiet. The breakfast was enjoyable, with many healthy food choices. We enjoyed the perks of the suite at the same rate I'd normally pay for a room with two queen beds. I'd definitely stay here when travel brings me to Amarillo.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janice S
Wimberley, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We have stayed here before, but had to review it again because it was so exceptional. The rooms are some of the best. I was staying on the Government Rate and usually you get the lowest grade room for that rate, but I received all my requests of extra pillows, top floor, quiet room. We were on the 4th floor, highest floor in this hotel, and down the hall furthest from the elevator. The breakfast here is great. The amount of fresh fruit they provide is outstanding. You don't see this in other hotels that offer breakfast. Was in town to see my new grandbabies and girl and a boy that were born 5 days apart. This hotel made it so I didn't have to worry about anything but visiting the family. Will definitely stay here again. Used to live in Amarillo for over 15 years and I would say since this hotel was built it is the best in Amarillo.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple