... our family of 5 spent a night here in late July 2014 while traveling eastward from the Anaheim, CA area to our home in Ohio. The facility itself is nice, our 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom suite with kitchen was spacious, and really is just like all of the Staybridge hotels we've stayed in during our recent travels. It appears that the room was just recently updated and was very tasefully decorated.
Just a couple of quick notes detailing my 'minor issues':
1. Although none of the employees we encountered (front desk, breakfast attendant) were outright rude or unhelpful or anything similar, I did not get a warm + fuzzy feeling from them; i.e. the type of feeling that they would bend over backwards for guests, etc.
2. Dirty fingerprints were found on the inside of the bathroom door and bathroom wall in one of the 2 bathrooms in our unit.
3. The men's bathroom off of the lobby area was in far less than desirable condition when we went to use it prior to checking out at 6:15 AM in the morning.
4. If familiar with the Amarillo area, most of the hotels seem to be located on frontage roads running right beside I-40 on both sides. The Staybridge sits about 3-4 blocks south of I-40; approaching an area I wasn't necessarily thrilled with. Additionally, the drive to the Staybridge off of Western Road east into the hotel parking lot is kind of hidden and easy to miss.
We did not use or see the workout facility, pool, or guest laundry area; so I can't comment on those items.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended-stay travelers play by different rules and need a hotel that understands your unique needs. Staybridge Suites Amarillo - Western Crossing is designed from the ground up...just for you. We are just minutes from the Baptist St. Anthony's Hospital, Northwest Texas Healthcare System, Bell Textron, Tyson Foods, Owens Corning, Texas Tech Pharmacy School, and AT&T. Staybridge Suites gives you the amenities that make you feel at home. Fully equipped suites with full kitchens, room to spread out, space to work and space to relax. Plus there's shopping and dining within walking distance. Just a short drive from the hotel you will find the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame Museum, Big Texan, Historic Route 66, Panhandle Plains Historical Museum, Cadillac Ranch, and so much more. Lake Meredith Recreation Area, and Palo Duro Canyon State Park is just a short hour drive away. When it's time to get connected we know what you need-free wired and wireless high speed Internet, cable, sports and movie channels. And when you need to burn some energy the fully equipped fitness center and outdoor courtyard will help melt the stress away. For a relaxing evening, join us for our Social Reception then relax in our "Just like home" Library. For a late night snack you can always grab a treat in our Pantry, open 24 hours.When you come to the Panhandle of Texas, we know what you need. Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing is your best stay...for a week, a month or even a year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.