“Superb Hotel in Amarillo, TX”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Midlothian, Texas
“Superb Hotel in Amarillo, TX”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We frequently travel through Amarillo, TX and have stayed at all of the Marriott properties there. I'm a Platinum Elite member so we stay at Marriott exclusively. This hotel is splendid! We stayed in room 314. It had a sleeper sofa, 2 TV's, 2 queen beds, 9 foot ceilings, a work station, 2 dressers, microwave, fridge, etc. There's a manager's reception on Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. The hotel is quiet, and very clean. You'll have to drive about 4 miles to find a variety of restaurants but if the Big Texan is on your "bucket list", then you're in luck because it's very close by. I recommend this Marriott property to all my fellow travelers. Thank you Ms. Wikoff for another fine stay.

Room Tip: Update your Marriott profile and ask for extra pillows and towels!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Shree' W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
We are pleased to hear from you concerning your stay with us. We love that your a member and that we met all your standards as a Platinum member. We strive to make all our guest feel welcome and taken care of at our hotel. Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and for your apprecaition of what we could do for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you want to be near the Amarillo airport, this place is for you. It offers complimentary transportation to and from the airport. I called other similarly priced hotels and they did not offer this benefit which I found to be quite nice. Rooms were very large and clean. All staff were beyond friendly and helpful. Top notch breakfast included with your stay included eggs, waffles, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, cereal, oatmeal,bagels, toast, assorted pastries, coffee, tea and juice.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you so much for the comments about our hotel. We take great pride in our service toward our guests. The hotel will be two years old in June and we are doing everything possible to keep it looking new and going above board in guest service. Glad you enjoyed the many options we have to offer for our breakfast. We appricaite your business and hope to see you again in the future.
Owasso
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Room had clean sheets, bed was comfortable, staff was helpful, No real issues during our two night stay. I would stay here again. Steakhouse right in front of the hotel too, so well situated with nearby amenities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I looked in advance before placing a reservation if this location had HBO or not. I was really looking forward to watching HBO after a long day of travel, especially one of my favorite shows because I missed the latest episode. After traveling for 12+ hours I was rewarded with NO HBO and when I brought it to the hotel staff's attention twice I was told the local cable company was aware of the issue and working on it and the other time I was told there was a guest checking in and my room would need to be called back. I'm still waiting on that call back.
I called around to other hotels off I-40 in Amarillo and they were not experiencing the "No Signal" from HBO. I wish I would have cancelled my reservation and never checked in due to the poor guest service I received and the lack of functioning equipment.
Decent location with a Buffalo Wild Wings and Shell station within walking distance but way over priced and underpromising.

Room Tip: Ask for the king size bed
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Shree' W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
We are sorry for the inconvenience of not having the HBO channel available at the time of your stay. We were aware of the problem as we explained, and had contacted the cable service for help. Amarillo experienced heavy winds that day with up to 60 miles an hour gusts and there were problems. The poor service that you’re referred to was unintentional. I as the General Manager was standing beside the guest service agent and did not perceive any lack of concern to your issue however, I have spoken with the staff concerning your issue with the service.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The check in process was easy and the front desk staff helpful.

The room was basic, but nice and more important, clean.

Breakfast was better than most at these types of properties.

Over all, it was good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have stayed at 3 properties in Amarillo and this was my least favorite. The location is easy to find, the rooms are clean and my bed was fine. The front desk check in was painfully slow. I was not in a hurry and there were folks in front of me who took at least 20 minutes to check in. The clerk appeared confused and frazzled. He was kind but not too enthuisasic.
Everything was suitable but nothing to write home about. I am a Marriott Gold Member. This would not be my first choice if I return to the area. The room was ok. They need to step up the front desk service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank motherjanegoose
Shree' W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for expressing your view of our hotel. I would like to personally apologize for the trouble with your check in process. We always want to hear where we can improve and make our guest stay even better. After looking into this we realized that the guest service agent that worked that night was new and this was his first time on his own. We will take your input and spend more time training our new staff.
Thank you again.
Somers, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip recently. I chose this hotel for a few reasons. First, it was close to the airport, second I'm on a Marriott platinum challenge, and third because they offer a shuttle from the airport.
Well, I got in at 10:20 PM and called for the shuttle, the girl who answered the phone said that the shuttle service ended at 10pm and that she couldn't help me. I told her that the website said nothing about the service time and that was a pretty important detail. She really didn't seem to care either way.
I paid $10 for a taxi & made it to the hotel. Once there everything was ok. The room was nice, breakfast nice, property clean. Because of the shuttle issue & the lack of care by the staff this hotel probably wouldn't be my first choice if I return to Amarillo but I wouldn't refuse to stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GlobalMogul
Shree' W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
We wanted to personally apologize for the shuttle not being available at the time you requested and for the lack of concern on the part of the staff member you spoke with. We have begun the process to change my shuttle hours of operation to meet the needs of more of our guests as well as training the staff better on customer care.