“Excellent! (Bushland location)”

Ranked #181 of 504 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Italian
“Excellent! (Bushland location)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We visited the Bushland Location off highway 40 -leaving Amarillo. We were pleasantly surprised. The service was attentive and very friendly. The food was great, portions large.

Amarillo, TX
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

This is a locally-owned restaurant in Amarillo and my husband and I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago. It is in an old Popeyes Chicken building, but once you step inside, you would be hard pressed to know that this had once been a Popeyes (except for the etching still on the windows).

I expected something more along the lines of Fazoli's (fast food, order at a counter, etc.), but this is a nice little sit-down style restaurant. The decor inside is quaint. Our waitress was friendly and gave us prompt service. We went for lunch on a Saturday and both had lunch specials. We ordered garlic cheese bread (which I highly recommend!!) as an appetizer. I had the spaghetti lunch special and my husband ordered the pasta sampler. Both of these came with a good-sized salad. The portions were large, especially for a lunch special. The food was steaming hot and absolutely delicious!! The sauce reminded me of a homemade spaghetti sauce that I have made in the past and the pasta was cooked to the perfect consistency!

The menu is fairly large, especially for a small locally-owned restaurant and the prices are extremely reasonable. We left feeling like we had gotten a tremendous value for our money, especially when compared to similar style restaurants in the area.

Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant, whether for dining in or for take out!

• Visited March 2012