“Know what you're getting.”

Motel 6 Amarillo Airport
Ranked #44 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My 79 year old mother and I were driving to Chicago from Phoenix, AZ. Read the reviews and most of the bad ones were from a year ago. I was looking for a safe and clean place, that's all. I got it. Now this is a very basic hotel, no clock, no coffee maker, no shampoo/conditioner, no microwave or fridge but I wasn't looking for them either. The beds were clean, floor clean, bathroom a little dated, but clean. Good water pressure! The only problem that I had was the the fire alarm went off at about 5:15am, but I wanted to be up by 5:30 so I figured this was a good wake up call! It only beeped 3 times and I didn't know why. It was just what I expected. Front counter girl was very polite and nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 November 2011

While staying in our romm..#226..our vehicle was broken into and we were robbed of over 1500.00 in belongings. So much for security. Our room had blood spatter on the night table. The linens where stained and had holes. The door had to be slammed shut to stay shut. Never again, even at the price offered.

Room Tip: Beware! Take ALL of your belongings in with you!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here a few months ago and it was clean. This does not hold true today. The room was dirty and the sheets were stained. If I hadn't already paid and arrived late at night I would have moved somewhere else. WiFi is not free.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2011

This was my 2nd time staying at this Motel 6 this year. It has been remodeled and the rooms have wood laminate flooring and granite bath counters. My sister stayed in a king room with a nice desk area. I stayed in a double bed room. Both times I have been here it has been quiet and clean. And you can't beat the price!! I'd definitely stay here when in Amarillo again and also recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I really liked this room. It was clean & as I was traveling with a dog, I really appreciated the wood looking linoleum flooring! So much better than the usual yucky carpet. That should be a law for pet friendly rooms! I thought we would get a good nights sleep in the nice comfy bed, but the people next door were there to make noise. Lots of yelling, banging, and blowing of the horns. Wish management could have quieted them down.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dfoxshooter
Reviewed 20 December 2010

The fact that it was out of the way was not the biggest problem. The rooms are advertised to be remodeled and clean. Since this adddress used to be a Red Roof Inn did not bother us. The room was dirty! The wood look floors had not been cleaned. The bath/shower had black hair on the walls! The pillow cases on both beds had the seams on the outside of the the case! Could they not have taken two seconds to turn them right side out? Makes me wonder if they did this to prevent them from changing the sheets. One set of sheets had someones oily rear end marks on it. Did I mention the the ice bucket had hair inside of it? No thanks!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2010

This Motel 6 has been refurbished. Please don't get this one confused with the one directly on the other side of Interstate 40. This one is very nice. The front desk was very friendly. The Motel was clean. The bed was a little hard, even though it was new. The flooring is a bamboo composite which is probably the best for a Motel 6. It is pet friendly. Best deal around.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple