“I was very happy my car was there the next morning!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Amarillo Airport

Motel 6 Amarillo Airport
Ranked #42 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I was very happy my car was there the next morning!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Oh my! Where to start? On my way to Colorado to visit friends, I needed an inexpensive place to stay for the night before completing my trip the next day. When I pulled into the parking lot, there were a variety of "shady" characters sitting or standing around their monster trucks, watching everyone and everything. Since I was bone tired, I decided to go ahead and stay the night. The place was in desperate need of a paint job, carpets in the reception area torn and stained, and a tired looking young woman at the front desk with a "just shoot me" look on her face. I reminded myself that it was only for ONE night, so I checked in. The room was sparse and felt sad, with its tan and orange paint, MORE dingy carpet, and "free" wifi that didn't work at all! I unpacked as little as possible in order to make a hasty getaway the next morning. The shower worked, so that was a comfort. After a restless night of slamming doors, loud conversation, and engines revving, I was RELIEVED to see that my car had NOT been broken into, tires not slashed, in the same condition I arrived. I rushed to pay my bill and got the heck out of there!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ten24ron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Burbank, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The check in was easy and fine. The rooms have been renovated. But it didn't look like the best neighborhood. The parking lot was covered with trash and we weren't really comfortable parking our trailer out there. There was virtually no place around the hotel to potty the dogs.. We had to go pretty far just for a small patch of grass. Like i said, it was fine for a less than 12 hour stopover, but improving the look of the parking lots and putting a little grass somewhere would be helpful

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RRCazador
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We arrived appox 10pm. When arriving at the front desk, there was lots of horse play. The two young ladies were more interested in talking to the young guys flirting with them than checking us in. After that lengthy check in, our room seemed to make up for the check in problems with its updated decor. The next morning, I felt something crawling on me. It was some sort of bug. Looking in the bed, there were a couple more bugs on the sheets. Looking on the floor, there were ants, and other types of insects around the bed and sink area. Though a nice looking room, it was infested w/ insects! I told the front desk the next morning and she refunded the room cost. Also, this motel 6 must be in a seedy area because I went for a walk to a Walmart near by and was stop by police.

Room Tip: Check for insects!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John W

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Pampa, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Checked in and first thing I noticed was even the lobby smelled clean. Was give. My room quickly and politeness. Got to my room and the room was so clean u could run around d with no shoes on. Beds was awesome and even the pool was great. If needed I will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Misty H
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms for the money. Smoker friendly. Had a quiet night in a comfortable room. Our room was VERY clean. Since I walk around barefoot alot, the bamboo flooring was a nice change from the usual carpeting. No restaurants within walking distance, but easy to get to by car.

• Stayed June 2013
Northridge, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was the best of the Motel six on our road trip The room was clean the internet worked hot water and best of all comfy beds and a good price. All in all I’d recommend the place I actually got a good night’s sleep here which is more than I can say for the other ones we stayed at.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darin_and_Christi
Laguna Hills, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

On a driving trip whose primary goal was to bring two 100-lb dogs from California to Maryland, I chose Motel 6 as the most cost-efficient, pet friendly choice for our nightly stops. On this, the second night, we again were quite satisfied: clean, updated, though basic rooms. Unfortunately, no WiFi here. Pillows thin but adequate. Neighborhood somewhat creepy after dark, with a closed restaurant across the street and two no-tell motels down the block. This Motel 6 was the class act of the immediate vicinity.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the Interstate. Bring your own pillows. Don't walk your dogs across the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family