“Interesting”

Ranked #29 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Cleveland, Georgia
“Interesting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here in 2001, and really looked forward to coming back. It was somewhat anticlimactic. The front desk staff were friendly. They are not capable of making reservations on line, which is odd in this century.

I stayed in the back building. The room was clean enough for me, but my wife would not like it if she had been with me. The beds were so-so. There is NO wifi signal in the back building, at least not in my room. Thank Science for iphones.

The shower head was way too short. I am 5' 10" tall, and if I directed the nozzle upwards, it sprayed my arm pits. Thankfully, I have no hair to wash.

I heard quite a bit of truck noise in the back building. It's adjacent to the truck parking.

I did enjoy the western motif. The window shutters were a nice touch. Now that it's out of my system, I think I'll stick with the major chains.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Burleson, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed just overnight. Our room was very fairly priced and the staff at the front desk was very personable. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. We stayed in the Alamo building and the room we were in was older. The place is fun for picture taking. I rate this place as average just because it's a basic motel and serves it's purpose.

• Stayed May 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

The outside is themed like an old western town street and the rooms follow this quirky theme. I was especially amused by the saloon doors to the bathroom. The room was clean and well equipped with toiletries, the bed was comfortable but the room was dull. I was on the ground floor and couldnt have the shutters open to get the light as there was no curtain to shield the inside from the people outside bearing in mind there was a crowd of bikers in the next rooms.I didnt find the reception staff particularly friendly.
Its a fun place to stay for the night and you must go to the Steak Ranch next door which has a great atmosphere

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed: December 2012.
2 double beds. Sink is separate to shower & toilet.

Pros:
- Big Texan Steak Ranch is next door for those wanting to attempt the eating challenge, or just have a meal.
- Shampoo/conditioner 2-in-1 provided.
- Quirky decor, very fun environment.

Cons:
- No in room safe.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meandmyreviews
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel completely exceeded my expectations. It was clean, comfortable and it felt likewe were in cowboy town with saloon doors and themed linen and pictures. Flat screen tv with many channels. The pool was even amazing, in the shape of Texas!

Would definitely go back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was the best motel I have ever stayed at, from the friendly and helpful staff to the fun décor to the comfortable beds and pillows ! I have chronic pain and suffer from headaches every day. after a night at The Big Texan Motel, I woke up in no pain for the first time in years ! I would highly recommend staying the night here. We also ate at the Big Texan Steakhouse for a couple of our meals, the food is great and the staff there were fun and friendly as well. would go again even if I wasn't going to eat steak ! so, overall, restaurant and Motel, 5 stars ! very pleasurable experience .

Room Tip: we were on second floor, didn't have a problem with showers.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

great quirky hotel- though shower was not working, had to go ask reception about it- finally got it working. room was nice. the Steak house was the highlight - worth at least one night stay- especially if you have a family-kids will love it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo