All reviews old west western style western town horse hotel wooden shutters themed rooms wild west town swinging bar bathroom area swimming pool room was clean road trip great stop stayed here for one night cowboy texas steakhouse
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

This place really is built for tourists but fab and fun!

As part of doing Route 66 we stayed over and on arrival were very excited about the look of the motel.

Check in was very smooth, staff were very friendly. Wifi available free of charge and access to the Texan shaped swimming pool.

The room was a little dated if I am honest. We had a fridge our travel
Companions room next door didn't however.

The shower and toilet area are quite small but the beds comfortable with two good size double beds in the room.

We really enjoyed our stay I have marked down purely because of breakfast which was available at the big Texan restaurant. We had been the evening before which was lovely however breakfast wasn't good. The server was very slow and struggled to understand us, and the choice was very limited and overpriced for what you get.

Overall worth a stay at the motel but avoid for breakfast travel on elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarahByrne_11
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We stayed here one night on the way to Yellowstone. The room that we stayed in was a cowboy themed room, with cowboy bedspreads, and a swinging bar door between the bedroom and the bathroom. Beds were comforatble, soft sheets. Didn't like the door between the beds and the bathroom. It made noise when someone went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and we were afraid that we would knock ourselves out on it. Floor in bathroom was a little sticky too. No wifi that I could find. Air worked good, though. My main complaint was that it was so dark in the room, I could barely see in my suitcase. There were no curtains, just wooden shutters for the windows, and very few lights (some were not working). Since we were on the first floor, we had to keep the shutters closed or people walking by could just look in at us. It just didn't work for me. For kids, maybe the theme would save it, but not for me.

Room Tip: I have no idea which rooms would be better. I wouldn't want one upstairs, but downstairs isn't any better.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

We had a blast. Yes it isn't luxury but it's definitely a destination motel and much worth it. The rooms literally had every little detail covered with the Texas theme. Room was clean, the pool was great, and the location perfect. Not to mention the perfect dinner. Yum!!!! There's a reason that place sells out all the time. My husband is hooked!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for one night when passing through as part of our road trip.

Things didn't get off to a good start when they had no record of our reservation that was made months ago. At first their approach was fairly disinterested and they were pretty convinced it was our fault. When I pulled out an Email confirmation their approach changed and although they had said they were booked out they found us a room and did offer a discount which was a nice touch.

The room was nice. The decor is fun and cowboy themed but it isn't luxury. It kind of felt like you were sleeping outside which I didn't mind but my husband didn't like or find comfortable.

Overall it was a decent stay but it definitely isn't in the 5/5 league.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Did a one night stay here during a Texas roadtrip, and really really liked the hotel (restaurant review is separate).

Check in was easy, the place looks really kooky - all bright colors in a faux old-west style facade. The room itself was great; super Texan themed while still having all the relevant amenities. Clean, bed was very comfortable indeed, and shower was great. And, continuing the theme; more hotels should do shutters on windows rather than curtains - really cut out any noise and light and made for a really good night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple