We stayed in room 104 and found that the electrical system to be unsafe: The wall outlet near the front door wouldn't hold a plug; the outlet by the sink was loose in the wall, so when you removed your plug, the outlet came out of the wall about 1/4-3/8"; the light switches in the bathroom were located too close to a water source and would not pass electrical code; there were no bulb covers on the ceiling fixtures in the bathroom; and the heating lamp timer switch was without a cover, another violation of electrical code. It is also my bet that there are no ground fault circuit breakers in the hotel. So, electrical shock or worse could happen. Also, they advertise internet, there is none. No coat rack, and our room was terrible.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Big Texan Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Texan Hotel Amarillo
- Big Texan Amarillo