All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanquarter horse museumsausagewaffleswould stay here againfront desk staffoff the highwaycontinental breakfastbig texanbiscuitsking bedindoor poolnew mexicostaff was friendlynice staypassing through amarillo
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We used Tripadvisor reviews and ratings to select the Ashore Inn and Suites in Amarillo. We were looking for a hotel with good customer feedback, a good price, and with breakfast and free WiFi. We selected this hotel from the range of other options because it fulfilled all of these requirements. The hotel is located just to the east of the main I-40/Hwy-87 junction, just off the interstate. When we arrived we received a warm welcome at reception, who were really efficient, helpful and friendly (we needed some pampering, since we had been on the road for ten hours). Our room was large, with two queen beds, TV and free WiFi, and a well-appointed bathroom and toilet area. Each floor in the hotel has a concessions machine and an ice machine, and there are elevators if you don't want to take the stairs. There was a hot breakfast included in the price; the best part was the Texas-shaped waffles that you could prepare for yourself - delicious! There are also two restaurants within easy walking distance, a Cracker Barrel and an IHOP, good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I pass through Amarillo another time.

Room Tip: Book online and then follow up with a phone call.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My hubster and I stayed here for a few days. Good things first: The staff was very friendly, and if you needed anything (we needed an extra folding bed because we had three kids with us) they were very prompt on giving you whatever you needed. Lobby was clean, as was dining area. The bathroom and the room was clean...for the most part (I'll get to that in a sec) ...and we were happy with how clean the pool area was. Landscaping was well kept, they have green grass (a somewhat rare sight in Amarillo...) We never tried the breakfast but heard that it's awesome. Bad things: Although our room was clean, we had a problem with crickets in our room! They were everywhere! I had to double check our bags to make sure none of them hitched a ride home. Bleh! Also the blankets were well over worn. They had holes and seemed really cheap and didn't cover the bed very well. Also the bed was very soft, that didn't do my back much good, but some people like it that way. So all in all, for a 2 1/2 star hotel this is a pretty good place to stay...don't know if the crickets were just in that room or what but just check other reviews to see if anyone else mentioned them. If not, then good! :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Usually stay with name chains. Read the Trip Advisor review and decided to try Ashmore. So glad we did. Easy to find, courteous and helpful staff, no noise at all in the room from inside or outside (maybe because the fan on the a/c runs continuously, but who cares, it was quiet. Food service provided variety, great layout and well managed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed with Ashmore Inn for a night only. I just needed an accommodation so in no was expecting any sort of luxury. For my purpose, this hotel was more than expected. The room given to me was perfect for me. The bed was certainly spacious and even room was nicely done, clean and arranged. Bathroom too was not a problem at all, rather it surprised me with its size. On my short stay I could not interact with many staffs, but whomsoever I talked were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The office staff was very hepful and suggested places to eat. The room was clean and the maids went out of their way to clean up the room when we were gone.
Pros- clean and quiet rooms, spacious rooms, there was always someone that would answer a question.
Con - need one more waffle iron for breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the side or rear of the hotel are quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family