All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanquarter horse museumsausagewaffleswould stay here againfront desk staffoff the highwaycontinental breakfastbig texanbiscuitsking bedindoor poolnew mexicostaff was friendlynice staypassing through amarillo
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Great and clean rooms, nice staff, cheap guest loundry on every floor.
One of the best hotels we had, in the US.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I was in route to Amarillo late at night and was looking for hotel rates on my cell phone. I found availability at this hotel for $59, and decided to try it by just going to the front desk without reserving over the internet. The clerk at the front desk quoted me a rate of $109! They told me I would have to reserve the better rate online. It was just past 11:00 pm, and I found out that online reservations cannot be made past 11:00 pm. I took my business elsewhere. I just went down the street to Days Inn which gave me a reasonable walk-up rate.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Rooms were fairly modern and very clean. Mini fridge and microwave in room. The hotel is off the road, and very quiet. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The staff is nice, the rooms are a bit outdated (my room was very purple!). They have a free happy hour with food, and free full breakfast in the morning. The hotel looks nice on the outside, and the lobby is pretty. I thought the rooms could use an update, but they had a mini-fridge and microwave in the room. The bathroom wasn't very big, but they had nice toiletries - the typical stuff plus make up remover pad packets and shoe shine wipe packets. The WiFi was a bit spotty, but the rooms seemed clean, and all the staff were really nice. I've stayed in better places, but I've stayed in places that are much, much worse. Its easy to get around from the hotel, and is centrally located from the airport.
You get what you pay for, I've paid much more for much less (at big name places). For an inexpensive/budget hotel, you could do a *whole* lot worse.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Spent a Saturday night here and was pleased with hotel. Our standard double room appeared and felt clean and well maintained. The tv reception was not good at all, but we were not there long enough to watch much more than the news.

The continental breakfast was standard patty sausage, biscuits, canned gravy, and make your own waffles. The coffee was good and quickly replenished. The tables were kept clean.

Curiously, I got a better rate from expedia than from both their web site and a phone call.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple