All reviews cracker barrel room was clean quarter horse museum sausage waffles would stay here again front desk staff off the highway continental breakfast big texan biscuits king bed indoor pool new mexico staff was friendly nice stay passing through amarillo
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Why this hotel receives rave reviews is beyond me. Is it bad? No. Is it superb? Definitely not. Everything about it is average. Average bed, average room, old tv.

Much nicer places exist in Amarillo.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Superevangelist
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Great and clean rooms, nice staff, cheap guest loundry on every floor.
One of the best hotels we had, in the US.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I was in route to Amarillo late at night and was looking for hotel rates on my cell phone. I found availability at this hotel for $59, and decided to try it by just going to the front desk without reserving over the internet. The clerk at the front desk quoted me a rate of $109! They told me I would have to reserve the better rate online. It was just past 11:00 pm, and I found out that online reservations cannot be made past 11:00 pm. I took my business elsewhere. I just went down the street to Days Inn which gave me a reasonable walk-up rate.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Rooms were fairly modern and very clean. Mini fridge and microwave in room. The hotel is off the road, and very quiet. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The staff is nice, the rooms are a bit outdated (my room was very purple!). They have a free happy hour with food, and free full breakfast in the morning. The hotel looks nice on the outside, and the lobby is pretty. I thought the rooms could use an update, but they had a mini-fridge and microwave in the room. The bathroom wasn't very big, but they had nice toiletries - the typical stuff plus make up remover pad packets and shoe shine wipe packets. The WiFi was a bit spotty, but the rooms seemed clean, and all the staff were really nice. I've stayed in better places, but I've stayed in places that are much, much worse. Its easy to get around from the hotel, and is centrally located from the airport.
You get what you pay for, I've paid much more for much less (at big name places). For an inexpensive/budget hotel, you could do a *whole* lot worse.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business