All reviews cracker barrel room was clean quarter horse museum sausage waffles would stay here again front desk staff off the highway continental breakfast big texan biscuits king bed indoor pool new mexico staff was friendly nice stay passing through amarillo
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is an excellent place to stay. The windows were dusty from the outside - but then it is West Texas, and I understood. However, I brought it to the attention of the desk clerk and he promptly noted it down as a "To do" item. I was impressed by the place. It is very nice. If you arrive in the evening after a long drive, the happy hour gives you a chance to have a bite to eat and go rest in your room. Highly recommended.

Hotel management should think about putting a sign up at the exit for this hotel. Maybe there is one and I missed it. I took the next exit and drove around the block to get to the motel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I very much agree with the review of superevangelist. This is a basic but adequate hotel. We just arrived from the Hyatt Regency in Dallas for a rate not much higher than for the Ashmore. That is really another standard. Regarding the Ashmore: large room with good bed and sofa. Clean with basic bathroom. Old TV, HBO has a lot of snow. No locker, I think that should be standard in any hotel. Complimentary breakfast, but very basic and not very tasteful. And no late breakfast, at 9 am sharp everything is cleaned up quickly. Service OK, but not very friendly. Hotel is next to the I-40, but still it is quiet at night. Overall a decent hotel but nothing special.

Room Tip: Any room will do.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Why this hotel receives rave reviews is beyond me. Is it bad? No. Is it superb? Definitely not. Everything about it is average. Average bed, average room, old tv.

Much nicer places exist in Amarillo.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Superevangelist
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Great and clean rooms, nice staff, cheap guest loundry on every floor.
One of the best hotels we had, in the US.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I was in route to Amarillo late at night and was looking for hotel rates on my cell phone. I found availability at this hotel for $59, and decided to try it by just going to the front desk without reserving over the internet. The clerk at the front desk quoted me a rate of $109! They told me I would have to reserve the better rate online. It was just past 11:00 pm, and I found out that online reservations cannot be made past 11:00 pm. I took my business elsewhere. I just went down the street to Days Inn which gave me a reasonable walk-up rate.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family