All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanquarter horse museumsausagewaffleswould stay here againfront desk staffoff the highwaycontinental breakfastbig texanbiscuitsking bedindoor poolnew mexicostaff was friendlynice staypassing through amarillo
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel for a wedding. I must say that we got a really good rate because of the wedding party block, so of that I cannot complain. As we arrived at the hotel, it was quite impressive. Long beautiful corridors, a beautiful lobby area and a nice breakfast area. We went to check in and stood for quite a bit before we were even waited on. There were two employees behind the counter but they seemed to be busy with other things. One of them finally checked us in. We had asked for three rooms and asked for adjacent if possible, but no, they placed us on THREE DIFFERENT FLOORS! I understand they were completely booked, but I was still a bit dissappointed. After he gave my my room key - he never bothered to show me how to get to my room or where the elevators were or even mention the amenities of the hotel as many others do. He gave me my key and got right back to his conversation with the other girl behind the counter. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I had a double room and the beds were a bit small, something I'd expect in a smaller inexpensive motel. One big plus for this hotel was that check out was 12:00! I loved that! All in all, I think I would stay here again, but I'd hope to find friendlier staff. Friendliness makes all the difference sometimes.

Room Tip: This hotel has super long corridors, so if you don't like to walk long distances ask for a room close to the elevator!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is an excellent place to stay. The windows were dusty from the outside - but then it is West Texas, and I understood. However, I brought it to the attention of the desk clerk and he promptly noted it down as a "To do" item. I was impressed by the place. It is very nice. If you arrive in the evening after a long drive, the happy hour gives you a chance to have a bite to eat and go rest in your room. Highly recommended.

Hotel management should think about putting a sign up at the exit for this hotel. Maybe there is one and I missed it. I took the next exit and drove around the block to get to the motel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I very much agree with the review of superevangelist. This is a basic but adequate hotel. We just arrived from the Hyatt Regency in Dallas for a rate not much higher than for the Ashmore. That is really another standard. Regarding the Ashmore: large room with good bed and sofa. Clean with basic bathroom. Old TV, HBO has a lot of snow. No locker, I think that should be standard in any hotel. Complimentary breakfast, but very basic and not very tasteful. And no late breakfast, at 9 am sharp everything is cleaned up quickly. Service OK, but not very friendly. Hotel is next to the I-40, but still it is quiet at night. Overall a decent hotel but nothing special.

Room Tip: Any room will do.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Why this hotel receives rave reviews is beyond me. Is it bad? No. Is it superb? Definitely not. Everything about it is average. Average bed, average room, old tv.

Much nicer places exist in Amarillo.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Superevangelist
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Great and clean rooms, nice staff, cheap guest loundry on every floor.
One of the best hotels we had, in the US.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple