All reviews cracker barrel room was clean quarter horse museum waffles would stay here again front desk staff off the highway continental breakfast big texan biscuits king bed indoor pool staff was friendly nice stay passing through amarillo microwave limo
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Everything about the hotel and the room was absolutely perfect. One of the nicest places we've encountered. Saved about 50% by booking on hotels.com instead of the Ashmore Inn web site, but I didn't realize until after the transaction that I was actually paying in advance for the room rather than using my card to reserve the room. I have no idea what kind of experience I would have had if a cancellation had been attempted. Allegedly it is possible and routine but the fact that the room was already paid in advance was just a bit disconcerting. Nevertheless, if this is what it takes to get such a great hotel for under $60 per night, then I guess I would do it again.

Room Tip: We got a king size room with fridge and could not have been happier. Has an elevator so no problem if you have lots of luggage.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed here one night on our way to New Mexico. The hotel is off the road, so you won't hear noise from the Interstate. The room was quite adequate plus being very clean. As other reviewers have stated, the rooms could use some updating, but we were quite satisfied. The bed was comfy and the room was a good size. The air conditioner is one that you can have the fan on continuously, so the "white noise" helps to cushion any other noises. It also does not allow pets, which is a big plus.

We did not partake of the happy hour as we had dinner reservations at Macaroni Joe's, which we highly recommend. The breakfast was very good -- egg omelet, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, rolls, bagels, cereals, yogurt, etc. We were very satisfied. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank KansasHummingbird
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel for a wedding. I must say that we got a really good rate because of the wedding party block, so of that I cannot complain. As we arrived at the hotel, it was quite impressive. Long beautiful corridors, a beautiful lobby area and a nice breakfast area. We went to check in and stood for quite a bit before we were even waited on. There were two employees behind the counter but they seemed to be busy with other things. One of them finally checked us in. We had asked for three rooms and asked for adjacent if possible, but no, they placed us on THREE DIFFERENT FLOORS! I understand they were completely booked, but I was still a bit dissappointed. After he gave my my room key - he never bothered to show me how to get to my room or where the elevators were or even mention the amenities of the hotel as many others do. He gave me my key and got right back to his conversation with the other girl behind the counter. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I had a double room and the beds were a bit small, something I'd expect in a smaller inexpensive motel. One big plus for this hotel was that check out was 12:00! I loved that! All in all, I think I would stay here again, but I'd hope to find friendlier staff. Friendliness makes all the difference sometimes.

Room Tip: This hotel has super long corridors, so if you don't like to walk long distances ask for a room close to the elevator!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is an excellent place to stay. The windows were dusty from the outside - but then it is West Texas, and I understood. However, I brought it to the attention of the desk clerk and he promptly noted it down as a "To do" item. I was impressed by the place. It is very nice. If you arrive in the evening after a long drive, the happy hour gives you a chance to have a bite to eat and go rest in your room. Highly recommended.

Hotel management should think about putting a sign up at the exit for this hotel. Maybe there is one and I missed it. I took the next exit and drove around the block to get to the motel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I very much agree with the review of superevangelist. This is a basic but adequate hotel. We just arrived from the Hyatt Regency in Dallas for a rate not much higher than for the Ashmore. That is really another standard. Regarding the Ashmore: large room with good bed and sofa. Clean with basic bathroom. Old TV, HBO has a lot of snow. No locker, I think that should be standard in any hotel. Complimentary breakfast, but very basic and not very tasteful. And no late breakfast, at 9 am sharp everything is cleaned up quickly. Service OK, but not very friendly. Hotel is next to the I-40, but still it is quiet at night. Overall a decent hotel but nothing special.

Room Tip: Any room will do.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple