“Good choice”

Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Denton, Texas
“Good choice”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed at Ashmore Inn twice, once on our way out of town for our road trip, and on the way back in. The rooms open up to the interior of the hotel and are larger rooms than average. The hotel seems new. Our rooms had fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, and iron. They were very clean on both stays. Linens are cotton and the beds were made well (we didn't have problems with sheets slipping off the bed). On the second stay, we checked in very late (after midnight) and there was no problem (no extra fees, etc.). This is an excellent hotel in this price range.

Room Tip: The rooms are arranged along a single long, hallway. Ask for a room near an exit or near the very fr...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank crazypilotgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New York
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This was not my first visit,I go back because the service is good and it is a clean comfortable hotel. The first night I was there the cocktail hour was pretty busy,they were serving something that looked like sloppy joes with some potato salad,I did not try it since I had a early dinner but did have a nice glass of wine. The next night not so many people and another glass of wine. The hotel does this for free.

Breakfast is ok,some eggs,bacon,sausage,make your own waffles,which is all ok once again free.

My room was clean and comfortable. I am sure I will go back again. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The free airport shuttle was good too. No problems.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank pcc10
Bryan, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2012

First of all requested two beds months ahead of time and got one bed second the halls smell very very bad and the carpet in the room smells like mildew. Third bathtub down spout installed wrong, Fourth weak wifi signal, fifth and only good thing Breakfast was good, but had to wait until the staff ate and made room for guest. This is the Amarillo location. If you think I am exaggeration go stay there. next time I might stay in the car.

Room Tip: Go some where other than this place.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ronald E
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here for several days during a church conference. We were impressed with everything about our stay from the comfortable rooms to the super staff to the nice breakfast and accomodations! Would definitely recommend and will choose it next time we're in town.

• Stayed October 2011
Lookout Mtn, GA
Reviewed 24 November 2011

The Ashmore Inn in Amarillo is located right off the Interstate and close to loads of restaurants. The best part is you have an opportunity to have 'free' dinner and drinks at the Inn. Dinner is catered in by one of the local restaurants. It isn't 5-star; but good none the less. After several hours of driving, not having to dress to go out for dinner and just walking downstairs was a welcome relief. A hot breakfast is also available in the mornings. That got us on our way for the next leg of our trip. For anyone who is just passing through, this is a great deal. The beds are very comfortable. We stayed there going to-and-fro on our trip to AZ. Military, government, AARP, and AAA are all honored discounts.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zippadeedodah
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 10 November 2011

These are very nice people--typical West Texas hospitality--and, all in all, this is a very nice place, especially for a non-chain. The rooms are good size, good TVs, nice beds...all good. The bathrooms are a bit small, but not ridiculously so.

The only problem I have encountered...the halls always seem to have a questionable odor. It is not just being downwind from the feed lot! :) It is a problem that needs to be addressed.

The afternoon "snack" and breakfast are certainly more than adequate for this type of establishment. I do recommend this for a good value.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Missouri
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Everything about the hotel and the room was absolutely perfect. One of the nicest places we've encountered. Saved about 50% by booking on hotels.com instead of the Ashmore Inn web site, but I didn't realize until after the transaction that I was actually paying in advance for the room rather than using my card to reserve the room. I have no idea what kind of experience I would have had if a cancellation had been attempted. Allegedly it is possible and routine but the fact that the room was already paid in advance was just a bit disconcerting. Nevertheless, if this is what it takes to get such a great hotel for under $60 per night, then I guess I would do it again.

Room Tip: We got a king size room with fridge and could not have been happier. Has an elevator so no problem i...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple