“Best Night's Sleep”

Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Rockport, Texas
“Best Night's Sleep”
Reviewed 23 March 2004

Very nice and comfortable. So quiet I didn't need earplugs (which I usually use in hotels). Good breakfast and comfortable dining area.
Business center has Internet access.

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 7 February 2004

I stayed at Ashmore Inn and Suites for the first time in November 2003 in Amarillo after spending many pleasant nights at the Ashmore Inn and Suites in Lubbock. I found the same well insulated rooms that always deliver a quiet, pleasant way to sleep undisturbed. The clean, quality linens, the nice, comfortable furniture, the excellent service, the friendly staff, and the many amenities will bring me back to Ashmore Inn in Amarillo again. Having a suite--kitchen and living room--is the perfect place for me and my friends to meet for our mini-reunions frequently. We always leave feeling like royalty.

houston, Tx
Reviewed 4 January 2004

On our drive back from Colorado, we stayed at the Ashmore Inn the night before last (2 adults and 2 kids) because of the great reviews of this motel. Frankly, they are quite puzzling. It is a typical new, cheap motel with a terrible breakfast (packaged pasteries and watery coffee).
While it was clean, quiet and new, it had the decor of a nursing home and some strange smells. It was fine for a quick overnight but was nothing special.

4 Thank CANTravel05
Reviewed 28 December 2003

We were kept awake until after midnight by the rude guests in the next room. When we complained the desk clerk told us WE could move. We had a handicapped person and we thought they should move the rude guests who were loud and noisy. We were told the rude guests were not breaking the law. We were not given a discount for the inconvience. There were 4 adults in our party and we were very disappointed in our stay...

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 December 2003

Went through Amarillo again and chose the best hotel there. This hotel visit was just as wonderful as the first. The exercise room was a new discovery for us although I'm told it was there the last time we visited. We worked up a good apettite which was advantageous since there was a new feature in the Breakfast Room, Belgian Waffles! Oh, they were so good! The syrup and butter we chose simply oozed over them! They were the perfect breakfast for a chilly morning. As before, the room was marvelous and the staff was as courteous and friendly as ever. This hotel is the only hotel that I'll visit whenever I go to Amarillo! A definite must!

Skellytown, Texas
Reviewed 21 September 2003

Having a weekend off, my husband and I decided to stay in town. I called to ask about the rates and availability and was invited to stop by and look at the rooms. This hotel is beautiful! The girls at the front desk were Extreemly nice, helpful and made you feel right at home. They gave me a tour of the property, showing me a variety of rooms (all were great and VERY CLEAN). The beds were VERY comfy with a bunch of pillows. The indoor heated pool, exercise room and hottub were also really nice. The rooms were superior to any I have seen in Amarillo at a fraction of the price. It is no wonder we saw soo many celebrities walking around the hotel, who could blame them for getting such a great deal on a perfect room. What a lovely place!

5 Thank Roper97414
Reviewed 16 September 2003

We were stunned by it's elegance. The lush carpeting, magnificent entryway, quiet elevator. As well as the usual TV, the room had a microwave, hair dryer, and coffee pot (very important to my husband!).
The staff were all very polite, helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast had something to delight all members of my family, which is no small feat. All in all this was one of the finest hotel stays we've ever had the pleasure to enjoy. Rivals the Hilton in my humble opinion but without the extravagant cost of a Hilton. It's a must see in Amarillo!