“Needs some help”

Ashmore Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is an above average property with a very high rating. The entry is nice and the exterior is above average, but the rest is very, well, "average". The hallways and carpeting is dingy. The rooms are nice size and beds are ok, but again the carpet is a bit dated and needs more attention. There is a nice breakfast (except for the bad coffee) but the space is crowded and it closes at 9am.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank twinsontheroad
Kristina M, Manager at Ashmore Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear twinsontheroad,
Hello, Thank you for your review. I am glad you found our hotel to be an above average property. I am sorry to hear that our carpets were not above average as the rest of the property. We are working on getting new carpet in the near future. We hope the next time you come to stay with us you will find that the whole hotel including the carpet is above average. Thanks again for your review. Have an amazing day!
Sincerely, Kristina Morgan

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked this hotel on Hotwire.com and it was a good experience. I would stay here again and it was a great value. Nice room, comfortable bed. Couldn't ask for much more when you are just spending the night on the road getting to your destination.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 46,749

Dear 46749, Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear your experience with us was a good one and that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. We would love to have you stay again if your ever in the area. Until next time happy travels,
Kristina Morgan

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here for one night, & we were overall pleased with this charming little hotel. Price was competitive with the larger chains in Amarillo. This is locally owned, which makes it better in my opinion. Room was spacious enough, clean, & our stay was quiet. Tried using the business center, which was a total miss for us. Computer is outdated & kept crashing--shame since I really did need to print out a couple of important documents for the next stay. This is something they could work on...still when I brought it to the attention of the staff they did try to "fix" the computer without any success. Breakfast was great--plenty of room for the guests, hot foods (waffles, eggs, sausage) as well as the basics like cereal, coffee/juice/milk. We would definitely stay again when passing by Amarillo.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank thereeds_2704

Dear thereeds_2704,
Thank you for choosing the Ashmore Inn & Suites! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I do apologize for the computer not working at its best and I will be certain to look into the issue and get it fixed right away. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through the area. Sincerely, Kristina Morgan

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked this hotel for one night. When we arrived (quite late, I might add, and very tired), Chad the night desk clerk took care of checking us in with no hassle. He honored my request for a first floor room which was very helpful. We decided we needed an extra night so I booked it the same way I did the first night, and the day clerk made sure we kept the same room. The housekeeper came in and cleaned the room very quickly but thoroughly while we were out. The beds were comfortable, and we had a refrigerator which was helpful. There was a wedding that afternoon and many of the people from the wedding were there quite late, but we were never disturbed by noise. The breakfast wasn't that great, but the coffee was very good. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We liked our room because it faced the garden area and the gazebo.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Phyllis T
Andria K, Manager at Ashmore Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Phyllis T,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what you liked about your stay with us and what you think we could improve on. We will do our best to better our breakfast and hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to reach out to us any time.
Sincerely Kristina Morgan (Manager)

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Locally owned hotel with very friendly staff. Hotels in Amarillo are a risk if you try to save using Hotwire. Had not heard of this hotel before. It's clean and nice but a little the worse for wear. It was full when we stayed but still pretty quiet. It's located behind a Cracker Barrel so freeway noise is attenuated. Only 2 gripes. Beds are the old hard typical hotel bed with short blankets. Second, the breakfast is marginal and problematic when the hotel is full, no place to sit, can't keep food stocked, impossible line for waffle, old donuts. Same ole. Actually the hotel is nicer than most LaQuintas are now. I would stay again for the attractive rate.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank milburn289

Dear milburn
Hello, I'd like to thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear we did not "WOW" you during your stay with us. We are working to improve our breakfast and possibly add another waffle maker to cut down on wait time. I will do my best to see what I can do about the beds being hard. I am glad you had a peaceful stay without the highway noise. It is nice sharing our space with Cracker Barrel. We do hope you stop in to see us again if your ever in the Amarillo area.
Sincerely Kristina Morgan (Manager)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very friendly staff, great location easy to locate right off I-40. was ready early, Clean room,carpet and tile felt clean even in bare feet , great bed, easy parking, free wifi. Quite no noise issue. Perfect for more than a one night stay as well

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank woofcwby51
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We reserved a room with Ashmore Inn & Suites Amarillo during a road trip a few weeks ago. I used Expedia, and as usual, it was easy and the price was acceptable. Except - Ashmore advertised a pool and spa, something we REQUIRE for our daughter. Riding 8 hours, even in her custom car seat is hard on her. I even called the hotel the day prior to make sure the pool was in service. When we arrived, we were told the pool was down, it's heater broken. What about the spa? It was fine, but also closed to prevent guests from hitting the pool anyway. That's a deal killer for us. The clerk was rude, informing us that we'd be charged whether we stayed or not. We went to a competitor across the parking lot, paid $20 less and got access to a fine pool and a spa. I contacted both Expedia and the hotel, and both refused a refund. The attitude was tough luck, we've got your money, we don't care - rude, Rude, RUDE!

Room Tip: Calling ahead to confirm amenities didn't work. And they said they closed the spa because guest...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family