“Nice enough, but nothing that special” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ashmore Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice enough, but nothing that special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2004

I've stayed there twice, onece on the way to Denver in August '04, and again a week+ later on the way back home. The rooms were nice and clean. I got upgraded to a suite the first visit, and it was reasonably spacious with a small but separate kitchen area. It was nothing like an Embassy Suite though. On the way back I had a standard room, nothing special but clean. The evening reception is pretty wimpy, basically cheap box wine or watered d0wn booze and pretzels. The breakfast is your basic continental, with hard boiled eggs and sausage/biscuits thrown in. It's far enough off the interstate to be reasonably quiet, and having the Cracker Barrel out front is convenient, if that sort of food appeals to you. I've stayed in a few other places in Amarillo that weren't nearly as nice, but they were about only half the price ... you usually get what you pay for. The free high-speed internet access is nice. You should bring an Ethernet cable as it's not wireless, or they'll lend you a cable if you don't have one. Setting it up was a bit of a bother, but they'll help if there's any problems.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Rockport, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2004

Very nice and comfortable. So quiet I didn't need earplugs (which I usually use in hotels). Good breakfast and comfortable dining area.
Business center has Internet access.

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2004

I stayed at Ashmore Inn and Suites for the first time in November 2003 in Amarillo after spending many pleasant nights at the Ashmore Inn and Suites in Lubbock. I found the same well insulated rooms that always deliver a quiet, pleasant way to sleep undisturbed. The clean, quality linens, the nice, comfortable furniture, the excellent service, the friendly staff, and the many amenities will bring me back to Ashmore Inn in Amarillo again. Having a suite--kitchen and living room--is the perfect place for me and my friends to meet for our mini-reunions frequently. We always leave feeling like royalty.

houston, Tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2004

On our drive back from Colorado, we stayed at the Ashmore Inn the night before last (2 adults and 2 kids) because of the great reviews of this motel. Frankly, they are quite puzzling. It is a typical new, cheap motel with a terrible breakfast (packaged pasteries and watery coffee).
While it was clean, quiet and new, it had the decor of a nursing home and some strange smells. It was fine for a quick overnight but was nothing special.

4 Thank CANTravel05
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2003

We were kept awake until after midnight by the rude guests in the next room. When we complained the desk clerk told us WE could move. We had a handicapped person and we thought they should move the rude guests who were loud and noisy. We were told the rude guests were not breaking the law. We were not given a discount for the inconvience. There were 4 adults in our party and we were very disappointed in our stay...

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2003

Went through Amarillo again and chose the best hotel there. This hotel visit was just as wonderful as the first. The exercise room was a new discovery for us although I'm told it was there the last time we visited. We worked up a good apettite which was advantageous since there was a new feature in the Breakfast Room, Belgian Waffles! Oh, they were so good! The syrup and butter we chose simply oozed over them! They were the perfect breakfast for a chilly morning. As before, the room was marvelous and the staff was as courteous and friendly as ever. This hotel is the only hotel that I'll visit whenever I go to Amarillo! A definite must!

Skellytown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2003

Having a weekend off, my husband and I decided to stay in town. I called to ask about the rates and availability and was invited to stop by and look at the rooms. This hotel is beautiful! The girls at the front desk were Extreemly nice, helpful and made you feel right at home. They gave me a tour of the property, showing me a variety of rooms (all were great and VERY CLEAN). The beds were VERY comfy with a bunch of pillows. The indoor heated pool, exercise room and hottub were also really nice. The rooms were superior to any I have seen in Amarillo at a fraction of the price. It is no wonder we saw soo many celebrities walking around the hotel, who could blame them for getting such a great deal on a perfect room. What a lovely place!

5 Thank Roper97414