“Great place and great price.....”

Ashmore Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Central Texas
“Great place and great price.....”
Reviewed 5 September 2009

I found this hotel reviewed by Trip Advisor and searched the internet and found a local coupon for a discounted rate. This was perfect and the rooms were great and clean. Had a nice large room for breakfast and a good continental breakfast. Can't beat this place in Amarillo. I've stayed in several other hotels in Amarillo and this is by far the best. We'll stay here again when we come here.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
texas
Reviewed 28 August 2009

We've stayed at this property several times over the last couple of years and have never been disappointed. The rooms and the public areas of the hotel are very nice and always clean, the staff is very pleasant and helpful, and the breakfast is great...one of the best extended continentals we've had. The pricing for the accommodations is great, making it a real value. We always try to stay at this property on our way to and from Colorado.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We booked a room at the Ambassador Hotel for this overnight in Amarillo - see my review about that place - I am allergic to feathers and they could not provide me a pillow. So, we went down the street to the Ashmore Inn. What a pleasant surprise - it was not fancy, and the rooms could use a little updating, but the staff was SO friendly and helpful. There were cookies at check-in, the rooms were VERY CLEAN, and the free breakfast was very nice. The wireless internet worked very well. The only downside to the breakfast was they had FOX News blaring - they could choose a station that isn't so slanted one way or the other if they have to have a television on in that area. I will stay here again when going through Amarillo, and recommend it to you as well.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Amarillo
Reviewed 24 June 2009

I recently booked 15 rooms at this hotel for colleagues. All expressed positive experience with their stays.

I hosted a function at this hotel (the reason I brought in 15 colleagues) for 44 customers. Everything, I mean everything was seamless. The meeting room, catering, and hospitality was World Class. The management and staff saw to my every need. They wouldn't even allow me to get ice.

If you are traveling to or through Amarillo, Texas and you want to experience the 'Texas Hospitality' you have always heard about, then spend an evening or two at the Ashmore Inn and Suites.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Rockford IL
Reviewed 19 June 2009

We made a reservation at this hotel. We called to cancel 3 days prior to required time for cancellation. We were told our reservation did not exist in the computer to begin with. On the night of the reservation at 10:20 pm after they charged my credit card they called to say that we did not show and did not cancel our reservation. I think that is the way this hotel is scamming customers. They were rude and did not want to acknowledge that a clerical error has been made on their part. They're scammers!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank tumbleparent
Yuma, AZ
Reviewed 6 June 2009

We stopped here while traveling and were amazed at the great service here! The hotel is beautiful and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and the landscape was beautiful. The free breakfast was very good with a lot of hot items. The price was very reasonable.The only problem was that they are local, so we couldn't find another one(besides Lubbock)!!! Great Stay!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed 26 May 2009

My family was traveling through Amarillo on the way to Colorado...so I was looking for a hotel right on I-40...an easy place to get to quickly and away from the next morning. I found the Ashmore Suites, and after going to the website found a online special of $59! I was shocked- since everything else in the area was more like $100 a night...or places that were more like 1 star hotels that I did not want to stay at. I called the hotel to see what the details were....basically a certain number of rooms were set aside at this special rate....and they had rooms available at the special rate for the dates I needed.

It was an amazing value! The towels were amazing! I think the best I have ever used in any hotel- regardless of price! The soap, shampoo, etc were all Bath and Body Works products!

The room and bathroom was very clean- and the service was top notch! I recommend this hotel highly! The breakfast was very simple- cereal, juice, bagels etc and a make your own waffle area...your typical American continental breakfast.

One more note: the hotel was off the highway enough that noise was not an issue.

Best: Location and Value
Least: Breakfast a little sparse for my liking--but I was note expectating a hot breakfast for $59 a night!

• Stayed May 2009