Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown
Travelocity
US$87
US$84
Agoda.com
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesbiscuits and gravyplace to staymini fridgereturn tripwaffle makerstaff was very friendly and helpfulgreat roombig texancerealpetinterstateratesbugswest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Room was clean but furniture old. We had to move rooms as the deadbolt was not working -- looked like someone had tried to break in or punch the door in a while ago-- they fixed it but not enough to get that deadbolt working. However, they did get us a new room. Might stay again but depends on the price at the time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2012

The customer service was great. They stay was great and so were the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2012

It took some convincing for me to try another Red Roof Inn, as I had a less than desirable experience the night before in Albuquerque...however the price was cheap, the staff was friendly, and the room was clean. I slept well, and would stay again if I was driving through and needed a cheap room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Camaro485
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Generally I like Red Roof Inns. They typically provide a great room and guest experience for a reasonable price. I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Lubbock, had a great experience and I think I wrote a review about that one.

My father, wife and I pulled into Amarillo about 1AM, were exhausted and needed to sleep. The sign for $49 for a night pulled me across the highway. At the window, they said the rate was $65 for a 2 queen room. That seemed excessive, but I was so tired I said Ok.

When we got into the room, one bed was made and one looked like it had been made by the former guest in this room. The comforter was simply thrown over the pillows and my wife wanted to leave or get another room. I was so tired, I picked up the covers, looked at the sheets and lied to her that it was all Ok.

We slept through the night and got up early to hit the road again. When we went to the free breakfast, it was a joke. Someone had lined 12 tiny chocolate donuts and 12 tiny powdered sugar donuts on a huge tray. There was barely anything to the breakfast.

All in all, this is not a horrible place. It was safe. We slept well but like I said in the title, I just expect more from a Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JRC417
Reviewed 2 February 2012

With easy on-off access to I-40, our king non/smoking room was clean and had a comfortable bed, and all items within the room were in good working order. Breakfast was a surprise since most Red Roofs don't include one. Got our rate through a sale on redroof.com, and the rate was excellent. Front desk staff helpful, competent and pleasant. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple