“Lynn at reception desk was very welcoming”

Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown
Ranked #38 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Conviniently located, helpful staff: Lynn at the reception was very welcoming , friendly and very helpful
clean room and comfortable bed
will stop there again if I go through Amarillo next year

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed at this Hotel from late August, 2011 through March, 2012 on business. They were very courteous and service oriented. They were able to accomodate my every request. I was very comfortable and appreciated their efforts during my lengthy business stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, whether just passing through Amarillo for the night or for a longer stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This motel was decent for the price. It was a clean place and safe place to stay overnight. Breakfast was decent as well and staff was friendly. Rooms could use a little work as far as up keeping, but nothing to negatively effect our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy H
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I actually stopped in at this property last night. Needing a pet friendly establishment at a reasonable price, I chose the Red Roof Inn Amarillo. For what matters to me- clean room, attentive service, the aforementioned pet friendliness, reasonable price, I had absolutely no complaints.

There's a nice little grassy area behind the Inn to exercise your dogs, which was great. Be sure to clean up after your dogs!

I spoke to the staff about the person that wrote the "Room Robbed" review, and they were genuinely horrified at what they perceived as a very unfair review. Based on my experience, I would very much agree with them...these folks are down to earth and genuinely concerned about the guest experience.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a pet, book in the back of the property. The rooms are further back fro...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Unusual events occured at this hotel. In town for a 9am- 5pm medical education with Texas Tech. Reserved 4 nights. On day 4, my room was entered by hotel staff, my dogs were taken by the Animal Control. I received several explanations: the presumption that I abandoned the room and the dogs. That none of the staff had seen me or my car? They reported calling me for 3 days: Never left one message on my cell voice mail, didn't put a sign on the door, nor leave a message on the room phone. Never called the room on the room landline inthe evening or night. My room was about 5 doors from office entrance. Had Do Not Disturb Sign on door. They entered the room reportedly out of concern for me, presumed that I abandoned the room and the dogs. Drawers from the night stand and dresser were pulled out and on the floor.... Cassandra (Hotel market and PR) said my twenty pound shelties pulled the drawers out with their paws and "trashed" the room. My shoes, some dress pants and blouses, eye makeup, Aveda brand hair products, styling brush, a zip lock bag of dog food (? but left the second one), about $26.00, and my prescription medications were no longer in my room. Other valuables were not taken. Interesting choice of items... like someone went shopping in my room since "I abandoned it." The bill paid up for another night. Left the inexpensive makeup and toiletries, computer printer, the casual clothes... Judge for yourself. I depart with less luggage than I came with. And the staff is behaving as if I am victimizing them for reporting a theft. They are offended. They didn't even offer me shampoo samples. Animal control lefft a message on my voice mail and call returned in 45 minutes. They released my dogs to me without fees because there was no violation or issue. The whole incident is odd. It doesn't make sense.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank weebitomischief
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Room was clean but furniture old. We had to move rooms as the deadbolt was not working -- looked like someone had tried to break in or punch the door in a while ago-- they fixed it but not enough to get that deadbolt working. However, they did get us a new room. Might stay again but depends on the price at the time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2012

The customer service was great. They stay was great and so were the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business