“A nice place at a reasonable price”

Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown
Ranked #38 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I have been staying here for soem time. It is clean, and the beds are good. There are no mints on the pillows but the price is right. The staff is friendly as well. They do have refrgerators, ironing boards, and wifi.

Room Tip: I do like the rooms that are not on the interstate side as it is a bit noisy in the front.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Clean Rooms and Semi truck parking in back of hotel.Room had everything microwave and refrigerator,hair dryer and Ironing board if needed..Breakfast was ok but could be alot better in my opinion..Has exercise room and outdoor pool.Price was ok for a club member..

Room Tip: Just off the main road I-40 close by all the fast food places..
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Spent one night here, and that was good for me. This place was definitely the case of 'you get what you pay for'. Yes, it was inexpensive, but as a result you get:
- rooms in dire need of renovation
- spotty WiFi
- an extremely meager continental breakfast. I chose to eat elsewhere.

The bed was fine, and it was clean, but all-in-all, I'll pay a little more to stay elsewhere the next time through Amarillo. Sorry Red Roof...you need a renovation!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

We knew we were getting a fairly decent price for this hotel, so I guess we should have known it wasn't going to be that great. However, I had hoped for a little bit better since it cost more than other hotels in the area.
The beds were fair but harder than we are used to. The room and bathroom were clean but small. The air conditioner did an inadequate job of keeping the room regulated; it didn't cool off until early in the morning. The swimming pool was decent but a bit small. The breakfast was less than I hoped. They offered cereals, waffles, oatmeal, juices, coffee, and that's about it.

I would suggest that they update their rooms and breakfast if they want more business.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Had wifi that worked from room. Ice machine actually had ice;-). Hotels in Amarillo are always fully booked so booked this online before arrival and seeing it. We were a little nervous about what it'd be like...but were pleasantly surprised. Good variety of free breakfast too!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I'm usually a little leary of staying in budget hotels;but decided to try based on good reviews of majority of Tripadvisor members. Stayed one night coming back from New Mexico. We found
the room clean,somewhat worn,bed comfortable,Staff friendly. There is traffic noise since your
right off the interstate.:but during the prime sleeping hours 11:00 pm to 06:00 am it was quiet in
the room . For the money it is a good bargain .

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed here for one night on another trip out to Oklahoma. The only really good thing I can say about this place is that I found the bed to be really comfortable. However, paying the $40 less per night than the other hotels/motels surrounding it was not worth the savings. The bathroom was super tiny and kind of gross with mold growing in the cracks and grout lines. The TV did not work well, and had static running through it most of the time. There was limited blankets on the beds and available as extras, so we froze our tushies off all night for lack of coverings (I sure as heck wasn't going to cover up with the comforter).

It's just not a comfortable property to stay at, altough there were alot of people there. I will never stay here again, and I have to say my mom was in charge of arrangements for this night - consequently on the ride home I took care of arrangements! :-)

One other thing, when my mom went in to check out the next morning the manager and the front desk staff were talking - and they completely ignored her and kept talking! My mom is an elderly lady on a cane, and that seemed terribly rude to me and not very customer friendly.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family