“Spend the money to find a better place” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Amarillo East

Red Roof Inn Amarillo East
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Ridgway, Colorado
“Spend the money to find a better place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Although the night front desk help was very accommodating, the morning person was the complete opposite. Could not even look up to respond to a need we were addressing.
The room was clean .. but smelled very strongly of smoke although it was supposedly non-smoking. The door did not seem to provide much security. There were people up partying all night and making a lot of noise in the parking lot. We awoke at 3am to the crash of bottles that were dropped outside somewhere. My husband got up at 6am to get some coffee in the lobby and was solicited at the bottom of the stairs by a person begging for money, who said they had just gotten out of jail. The man then proceeded to try to get my husband to bring him in to the lobby for a free breakfast ..

Would NEVER stay here again. Would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kellie E
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review. We attempt to give every customer a five-star experience, and are very sorry that you received less. I'll look over the room scent, and make sure this doesn't happen again. The door security will most likely be renovated soon. As for the social difficulties, I am truly sorry for that, and hope you are willing to come by again so we may fix our mistakes. Thank you for your time,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Colorado City, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Friendly staff and an affordable room made this a good place to stay for a night in Amarillo. We like that they're dog-friendly too. A convenient location off the highway and a continental breakfast that's included - although the coffee was really weak the morning I was there. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again the next time we're passing through Amarillo.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
I'm happy to know you are pleased with Red Roof Inn Amarillo. I appreciate your thoughts, and am grateful to know you were satisfied during your night(s) here. Thanks,

Convent, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

This use to be The Magnusum. It has changed names. Going west on I-40. Exit I-40 & Ross. Go back under I-40. Take frontage road. Right next to Harbor Freight. We have stayed here numerous times. It is always clean & the people are mighty friendly. In the winter, we suggest you do not get a north facing room. It gets mighty cold in Amarillo, during the winter. The people are very accommodating. I can't say enough about this hotel. Thank y'all
For all y'all do.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
I'm delighted to know your stays with us have been positive. I appreciate you coming here often, as we do try to please our customers. You are a wonderful customer, and thank you so very much for revisiting! I wish to see you soon!

Texas, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

We needed a place in Amarillo and I was torn about reserving b/c of the mixed reviews. But I called ahead and the person at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. We needed two rooms b/c my parents-in-law were also along. As was the 60 pound dog. The breakfast selection was big enough to please all of them (included cereal, waffles, and bagels). The downside was the fridge in one of the rooms didn't work and the laundry room needed a little maintenance, but for just a quick stay it was what we expected given prior ratings and the price. It was definitely dog friendly, so we will probably stay there again. If there were half stars, we'd give it 3 1/2.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
I am pleased to know you liked your stay with Red Roof Inn Amarillo. Yes, we are planning on renovating the property soon, and hope you will come to see it upgraded!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Close to i 40 lots of places to eat and shop. Clean room and alot of things to do. Front desk (Sarai) are very helpful if you need anything. I stay here three times a week. Never have a problem. Breakfast in the morning coffee all day. Come check it out.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thanks so much for selecting Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and I am ecstatic that you enjoy your visits with us. I appreciate your opinion. Have a wonderful day!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

My company got us this Hotel It's a great place to stay the rooms are clean & roomy lots of things.to do the store are close for walking people here very nice that work Here I'm going to tell my friends. and family about my stay here Amarillo Taxes

• 4 of 5 bubbles
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
I am thrilled to find that you liked your stay with us at Red Roof Inn. I wish to see you next time you come our way, and thanks for letting us know how your experience went!

Athens, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is middle of the road for a Red Roof, comfortable bed decently quiet and good help. Also on the upside, "free breakfast" is included with biscuits, gravy, waffles, assorted cereals and packaged doughnuts. On the downside, the rooms are a little run down, my sink had no stopper and the free WI-FI did not work very well-weak signal.

Room Tip: Book a room on the back side as this is just off I-40. Truck parking is available in a rear lot.