“Last Minute Red Roof Reservation”

Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown
Ranked #38 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were traveling across country and went to Trip Advisor to check on rooms a couple of hours before arrival. I was on a smartphone and used Traveloscity to make the reservation by phone, I got the semi-English on a cell phone while riding in the car and the reservation was for a "Non Smoking, Smoking Room". Of course Red Roof could not change the reservation, took 45 minutes for Travelocity to cancel the reservation, no non-smoking were available. Lost phone connection while on hold again, went inside the Red Roof and got a Non-Smoking King Room at the same price, -$55.
The room was clean and adequate, the AC had been left on so room was ready and cool, clean. Breakfast is minimal, but it was good for what we wanted.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laroo54
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo. I'm sorry for the difficulties with booking your room, and the phone problems. However, I appreciate you giving us your opinion so that we may provide a better service. I hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Pleasantly surprised making long distance phone arrangements. Betty at the front desk was extremely professional. My family has stayed there several times and we are all very happy with property and service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and giving us your feedback of the hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience, and you and your family had a great time at the property. Stop by soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Tricky to get to from I-40 and they were undergoing renovations. However, the lady at the desk was extremely nice and called to make sure we found our room clean and comfortable. It was. It is located within walking distance from SEVERAL restaurants. Don't be deceived by the outside - it is a nice place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mrskablack
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, and I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We want to make every customer feel at home, and have a pleasant stay. I'm delighted that you were satisfied with your room, and what the location has to offer. Thanks for posting your opinion, and I hope you come by soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

It's old & run down..seemed clean but everything is so worn it just looks unclean. Asked for extra pillows & was told they couldn't give extras because only 4 per room allowed..and those are really flat..seriously? The hotel is empty & I can't get an extra pillow? Front desk staff not very friendly either. Pay a few extra bucks & stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed: September 2013
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and I am extremely sorry on my behalf for your difficulties. I have taken your complaints to the appropriate department, and will be sure that the issue will not arise again. Thank you for giving us your feedback, and please give us a second chance.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We started a trip for the west and drove 9 hours to get to Amarillo and was very surprised by this property. We had free breakfast with waffles, biscuits/gravy, cereal, muffins. Sarai at the front desk very helpful and even called our room to make sure we were happy with the location and if it was clean enough. It is an older property but has some upgrades that make it rival the ones down the street for twice as much. I did see a man waiting for a ride to the airport. Not just your normal Red Roof. We have even decided to stop by on our way home. A good breakfast does wonders for a LONG trip home.

Room Tip: staying at the back helps get the freeway noise away but not a big freeway for noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Inn Amarillo. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our property. It's nice to know that you were satisfied with our breakfast, and with your overall stay. Come by often, for we would love to have you!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We traveled 14 hrs, had many choices but tried R.R. thinking it had a good reputation. Pure room stunk soooooo badly I had to TRY to sleep with a blanket(from home) over my face. Not sure if it was mildew or urine but I did NOT get the rest I needed to continue our next 9 hrs on the road! I actually considered going to my car & sleeping rather than constantly smelling the foul smell of the room.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Over priced for what you get. Rooms were dingy and our foot stool had a dirty boot print on it. There were rust splatters around the door hinges coming into the room. Not a very good neighbor hood either. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family