“Below Average” 2 of 5 bubbles

Red Roof Inn Amarillo East
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
“Below Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

First room had tiles missing in tub/ shower combo. Faucet nose did not engage shower fully. Next room we moved to had better shower pressure and no missing tiles. Patchwork around rooms on walls. A/C adequate. Budget hotel yes, stay here again?? No, but they do have adequate truck parking available! !

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. I'm deeply sorry that you didn't have the stay you expected, and that your room was not adequate. I hope you may give us a second chance and will consider us again despite your last experience. Thank you,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I love how they let pets stay! All night it has been quiet even though I saw many guests with pets. Great price! Nice room. Clean with lots of extras. Staff were nice. Lots of parking. Well lit. Saw security checking the parking lot. No extra charges for pets! The neighborhood around the hotel has a lot of poor people in trailers or houses that are mostly run down. It made me sad to see the dogs chained and forgotten in their yards. All in all though I paid half what all the other places were charging for the same thing! I'd stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo for your stay. I appreciate you posting your feedback. Yes, all the Red Roof Inns are Pet friendly, and I'm happy that we could make your stay better. Hope to see you soon,

Smola Municipality, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night whilst travelling through Amarillo.
Our only requirements were: Low rate but clean.

The hotel was better than we expected when we booked this standard.

Pros:
-Janet at the front desk was lovely.
-Clean facility and rooms.
-Spacious rooms.
-Even thiugh it is a bit old, it's not noticeable.
-Free parking and WiFi.
-Very quiet at night.
-Not smelly!
-Well working A/C.

Cons:
-Not mich of a breakfast. But at this rate you can afford to have breakfast somewhere else.

Would stay here again!

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn, and I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I loved your pros and cons list, and we will do everything in our power to make your next stay even more memorable. It's great that you enjoyed everything we had to offer, and I hope you'll stop by soon.

Dortmund, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in November 2013 for the second time. The booking from Germany was without a problem.
Our room was clean and spacious.
The breakfast in the morning was ok and the staff very friendly and helpful.
We would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo all the way from Germany! I truly appreciate your business, and I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. Come again,

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Left another hotel due to wild guests and checked in at the RR for one day and ended up staying 3 nights, the staff was VERY accommodating, plesant and definitely went the extra mile to make my stay comfortable. I dont usually stay at hotels with exterior doors but I felt safe here knowing there is security on duty during the dark hours. The rooms are great for the rates, and with the great customer service you won't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Amarillo for your stay. I appreciate you choosing us despite your concerns, and I hope you'll come back to see us soon. Thanks for posting your reply,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Back in April I traveled into Amarillo for my sisters wedding I drove all the way from California. And by the time I arrive hunger and figtise had made itself known. It was Kym who I barly could see. She however could see. She made my reservation. I saw her patience with me as I struggled to retrieve my info. The sounds coming from my hunger spoke louder now. Where to go at 6:30 am. Kym not only saw but heard my hunger. Kym told me that she had already prepared a continental breakfast and I was able to go and eat. We was like coming back home to mothers house food prepared. Even though I was really tired I noticed that the room was clean the bed comfortable and I slept the night away. Everything I needed was already taken care of and Kym she will give me an early wake up call. I enjoyed my sisters wedding. However the experience of the Red Roof for that short visit I made Would be what I remember the most. It was the kindness that Kym gave freely That I will remember to most. Thanks Red Roof for giving me a place to stay and thank you Kym for making me feel at home.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Domonique O
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn for your stay. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the service provided to you, and that you were satisfied with your trip as a whole. Next time you are passing by, I hope to see you again. Thank you for letting us know how your experience was.

Marquez, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was very pleased with our room for the price. The breakfast was very good and better than most other motels we have stayed at. While this certainly is not a five star motel, it is as good as you can expect for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family